Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, the Ikeja Electric (IE), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Internal Control Supervisor
Job Location: Lagos
Job Type: Full time
Reporting To: Internal Control Manager
- This role will be responsible for carrying out and supervising internal control monitoring and process enforcement in the assigned areas of the company.
- Implement the requirements of the internal control framework, charter, and manual relating to the assigned coverage areas.
- Supervise internal control team members, train them, coordinate their activities, and ensure they fully comply with the internal control manual and process requirements.
- Contribute to the development and regular updating of the internal control manual.
- Contribute to the development of the internal control monitoring and enforcement processes and procedures that guide the operation of the internal control system.
- Routinely confirm compliance with policies, processes, procedures and other controls within the area of coverage and provide exception reports on a regular basis.
- Follow up to ensure that the observed or escalated exceptions are regularized within reasonable timeframe.
- Ensure that deliberate noncompliance with key policies, processes, procedures or other controls is escalated in appropriate format for disciplinary action.
- Through routine reviews, identify process, policy and procedural gaps in the areas of overage and make appropriate recommendations to strengthen the system.
- Carry out special reviews directed by Management within the stipulated timeline.
- Provide regular and appropriate reports to Management on the control monitoring activities in the coverage area.
- Conduct assigned ad hoc investigations into incidents, complaints, and procedural breaches and provide high quality report within the stipulated time frame.
- Comply with Quality Management System/Operational Health & System requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Perform ad-hoc tasks and any other duties assigned by the Head of Internal Control or the Management.
- A good First degree or equivalent in science or social science field.
- Recognized professional certifications like ACA, ACCA, CIA, etc.
- A minimum of five (5) years work experience in internal control or related function in relevant sectors.
- Internal Control
- Information Systems Audit
- Fraud Detection & Control
- Risk Control
Closing Date: 23rd March, 2020
Method of Application: Click here to Apply
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus