Big Field Digital Limited – A digital Agency you can trust when result matters. We create MVPs, visuals and web solutions that put our clients’ products in the hands of targeted customers. We do this through cutting-edge technologies and digital marketing strategies and tactics.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Project Manager
- We are searching for a young but experienced IT Project Manager with 4+ years of commercial experience in successfully managing mid-large sized software product development such as web and mobile apps.
- Big Field Digital is an award-winning Software Engineering, Digital Growth and Marketing agency in Ibadan. We are one of the fastest-growing digital agencies in Nigeria. We work with clients in Nigeria, Ghana, USA, UK and Canada. Already in our team, you’ll find experienced Software Engineers and Digital Marketers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Planning and implementing all technology-related tasks and initiatives.
- Developing and overseeing projects at all stages (planning till deployment), managing relationships with stakeholders, budget, reducing risks and issues.
- Project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery.
- Setting out clear and effective communication processes for all stakeholders, while managing project deliverables with team members.
- Ensuring that all issues, conflicts and critical path deliverables are promptly resolved.
- Managing day-to-day project development activities and progress.
- Bringing in excellence, creativity, innovation, and analytical thoughts process into all tasks.
- Coming up with frequent reports on project milestones, plans, deliverables, issues, and recommendations.
- Defining project scope, and changes, to prevent scope creep, as well as setting up project quality standards and ensuring they are implemented according to their scope, budget, and timeline.
- Ensuring that project delivery meets the needs and requirements of the project owner/business.
Skills /Competency Requirement
- Technical background (Familiar with tech projects and terms).
- Technically competent in industry-leading PM tools such as Confluence, JIRA, MS Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, Visio/Lucidchart or similar.
- Software Quality Assurance / User Acceptance testing experience is a BONUS!
- Software Business Analysis experience, creation of Functional Document Specifications (FSDs) is also an added advantage.
- Excellent experience in managing an Agile team (SCRUM), and SDLC.
- Project management experience in planning, managing, and tracking moderately complex IT projects, as well as translating objectives into project plans.
- Relationship management skill will be required, as you will be interacting with several levels of management, product owners, and other stakeholders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus, and achieve objectives.
- A high level of leadership skill and accountability to build teams, ensure everyone is motivated to perform their assigned tasks and reach project milestones.
- Experienced leading, motivating and managing various project, and program team sizes, including internal and external resources, while holding team members accountable for their performance.
- Ability to work independently, and with teams where you will be required to demonstrate teamwork, innovation, and creativity in a fast-paced environment. You might also be required to work remotely from time-to-time.
- Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Fast learner, can quickly understand and apply new technologies, as well as highlight cost implications of projects.
- Ability to lead projects, create, and track project schedules for stakeholders to ensure deadlines are met promptly within a specified budget.
- Project slides/deck creation and presentation skills.
- Experienced using remote presentation/meeting apps such as Zoom, GoToMeeting etc.
- Understand how technology interacts with business needs and operations in an evolving market.
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to apply project management standards and adapt to changes in processes.
- Establish benchmark data and other best practices through research to ensure the organisation keeps up with acceptable standards of service delivery and results.
- Should be willing to start work immediately or within a short notice.
- Will be required to work remotely until the COVID-19 situation is over, thereafter, you will be working from our office in Ibadan. If you are not a resident of Ibadan, you should be willing to relocate to Ibadan (free accommodation will be provided for 1 year).
- Must be 100% committed and ready to work full time. We are not looking for a freelancer.
- You will enjoy competitive pay and an opportunity to manage top-notch projects.
- Work PC/Mac.
- Join a team of young, passionate, and highly experienced Software Engineers developing various top mobile and web apps that will shape the future.
Closing Date: 13th June, 2020
Method of Application
All qualified candidates should send their CV and a detailed Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the “Job Title” as the subject of your mail.
Hint: Your cover letter should discuss your previous project management experiences, and why you will like to join our team.
Important Information / Notice
- We are willing to negotiate a great salary for any candidate who can show superior experience in the field. Again, we’ll happily offer FREE one-year accommodation if the ideal candidate will be relocating to Ibadan from another state. However, due to Covid-19, the candidate will be required to work remotely until it is safe to work in an office environment.
- Proven years of experience is required; therefore, beginners or inexperienced IT Project Managers need not apply. We also respectfully ask that recruitment agencies SHOULD NOT contact us about this role. No exceptions.