Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: IT Security Analyst (SOC)
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Administers the Interswitch’s day-to-day Security Operations Center (SOC) activities such as monitoring and reviewing security incidents, response, investigations and other activities related to security monitoring and response
- Daily monitor security logs, events and incidents.
- Database activity monitoring
- Review incident alerts to determine relevancy and urgency. Create new trouble tickets for alerts (escalations) that signal an incident and require a higher Tier review.
- Assist in responding to security incidents.
- Assist in reviewing firewall configuration changes/activities.
- Review and analyzing email threats and providing incident reports.
- Identify risks and update the risk register.
- Collate monthly SOC reports and share with the information governance and stratety team.
- Monitor the health of all SOC tools, resolve/escalate any health issues.
- Manage the Network Access Control and monitor violations.
- Contribute to security policies/rules configurations
- Analytical Thinking: Ability to deduce ideas, intelligence and meaningful information from packets, logs, events, data and metadata from disparate sources across variable time period.
- Ensures accountability: Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments. For example, holds self to high standards and consistently honors policies, procedures, and work requirements. Scrupulously ensures all work is correct.
- Planning: Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals. For example, adopts a sequence of activities that allows for optimal efficiency and effective coordination with others. Makes skillful use of resources and support to deliver efficient, high-quality work.
- Communicates effectively: Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences. For example, seeks out others’ perspectives and asks good questions. Shares information that people want to know; gives appropriate context and details when speaking.
- Collaborates: Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives. For example, finds many ways to add value to the team; probes to draw out richer input from others; is a valued resource who goes out of the way to help others.
- Optimizes work processes: Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement. For example, pursues, explores, and develops ways to ensure own work is as effective as possible within all relevant processes. Shares an analysis of process problems with stakeholders; discusses how to resolve the issue.
- University Education: Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 1-3 years of experience in information security related function.
- Strong understanding of Information Technology industry, tools, standards, policies and protocols.
- Demonstrable experience of strategic and tactical thinking
- Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to approach problems from an IT security perspective
- Must be an intelligent, articulate and persuasive team player who can communicate security related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff