Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme Ltd/Gte (ECEWS) is a leading indigenous non-profit organization dedicated to improving access to qualitative healthcare, Education and Economic strengthening services in. Nigeria. Our staff includes expert in health, Education, Social works, youth, Civil Society and research. Our LOCATE project; a CDC/PEPFAR HIV prevention care and treatment program is currently seeking qualified candidates for the following position:
Overall Job Function
The Laboratory Logistic Specialist provides technical support in the planning and implementation of high quality laboratory services and Pharmaceutical Logistics required for HIV/AIDS care and treatment services, reproductive health, TB and other related and emerging chronic/contagious diseases under the supervision of the State Program Manager. With technical oversight from the Laboratory System Strengthening Advisor and the Pharmacy Program Associate, the incumbent will provide support to the design, planning and implementation of laboratory and Pharmacy Logistic services according to national and international standards and develop guidelines, tools. SOPs and recommendations related to
implementation, monitoring laboratory total quality management at ECEWS supported sites and facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and implement laboratory activities at sites
- Oversee the development and adaptation of required guidelines/ standards for related laboratory services
- Implement a logistics system for efficient quantification and supply of test kits, reagents and other consumables required for laboratory services in collaboration with other logistics and supply chain teams
- Implement laboratory information systems in supported laboratories
- Implement and monitor efficient documentation of laboratory documents and records at sites.
Prepare progress reports of laboratory activities, lab program implementation and lab quality issues.
Review performance and quality of service delivery for health care workers
- Provide on- the- job mentoring and capacity building for health workers.
- Responsible for controlling physical inventory of supplies and reagents, decisions on the purchase of analytical equipment, correlation of new procedures and assays, policy and procedures review and supporting documentation;
- Coordinate the activities of the laboratory in supported sites with other division and department programs;
- Provide technical support in coordination of laboratory activities in supported states in collaboration with thematic advisors.
- Periodically evaluate laboratory methods and procedures;
- Perform research for the purpose of testing and evaluating laboratory methods, devising new procedures and simplifying existing tests;
- Support facility personnel to develop research and evaluation activities.
- Supervises the training of laboratory personnel and provide guidance on special procedures to staff;
- Serves as resource and technical consultant to local physicians, local clinical and hospital laboratory personnel and health department staff in laboratory and testing issues.
- Oversee the implementation and monitoring of lab quality management activities
- Provide technical support to state lab teams including capacity building and mentoring
- Provide direction and facilitate efficient work flow in all departments of the laboratory.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science
- Valid license to practice as Medical Laboratory Scientist and registration with MLSCN. Must possess four years experience in a practical setting.
- Knowledge and experience in the design, implementation and management of laboratory services in HIV/AIDS, TB.
Malaria and other emerging chronic and contagious diseases preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications including database software
- General understanding and knowledge of financial, operational and quality management systems of the laboratory;
Familiarity with standards and federal/state regulations affecting the laboratory and laboratory practices within a hospital environment.
- Ability to demonstrate independent judgment, knowledge of regulatory national and international agency standards
- Experience in Laboratory Information Systems and Microsoft Word, Excel and Access preferred.
- Experience in a clinical laboratory setting in the areas of molecular diagnosis, viral load determination, drug resistance testing, genotyping and nucleic acid sequencing is an added advantage.
The Position advertised is full time.
ECEWS has a competitive compensation package, interested candidates may submit a one page capability statement and an updated resume as a single document with full name as title of the document to email@example.com with position and location clearly stated as subject of the email. ECEWS is an equal opportunity employer, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 25/02/2015