- 3,750,000.00 Naira per annum
Location: UGEP, Cross River State, Nigeria
ITM are looking to recruit a Lecturer in Accounting. The post holder will be responsible for
providing the high quality teaching and learning, pastoral and academic support and course
leadership that will enable the Institute to meet the corporate objectives.
ITM has been established by the Cross River State Government (CRSG) of Nigeria in partnership
with Highbury College Portsmouth, UK as part of a unique, transformational state wide Technical
and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Ecosystem project. CRSG has appointed Highbury
to manage ITM to world-class standards.
The vision is to develop a world-class entrepreneurial polytechnic institute, the first of its kind in
Nigeria. The Institute will have student success as its central mission and will focus on wealth
creation, business formation/growth and employment outcomes to meet the needs of students and the local communities of Cross River State, Nigeria and beyond. .
- To teach on a range of College programmes, providing high quality learning opportunities that
meet the needs of individual students and groups in line with the Institute’s strategic priorities
- To provide flexible assessment opportunities and closely plan, monitor, track and record student
retention, achievement and success.
- To be committed to constantly improving standards of quality and to assess these through contributions to self-assessment reports and observations of provision.
- To work as required with students who need confidence building and personal development.
- To provide academic and pastoral support to stud
- Liaise with academic and support staff within the Institute
- Act as an ambassador for the Institute in any external activities so that the Institute’s reputation
can be widely developed.
- Co-ordinate programme visits, events and any work placement activities ensuring Health and
- Safety requirements are met.
- To contribute to the development of new programme
- To produce annual schemes of work for all subjects taught.
- To provide innovative, high quality teaching and learning which is well planned, personalized
- To make effective use of e-Iearning technology within and outside of the classroom to support
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent occupational qualification.
- Teaching qualification (Cert Ed / PGCE or equivalent).
- Evidence of commitment to on-going professional updating and development (30hr per annum min).
- Experience of teaching/training and assessing accountin
- Experience of teaching/training and assessing.
- Ability to work well in teams but also to work independently with the minimum of supervisi
- Ability to meet targets within set tim
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivated and able to motivate others.
- Good administrative skills.
- Effective interpersonal and presentation skills.
- It is essential that the post holder will have well developed organizational, communication and teamwork skills. S/he will also have an ability to meet targets and deadlines.
Method of Application
To apply in the first instance please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Institute reserves the right to modify the deadline date.
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: 20/02/2015