We are a reputable conglomerate with a niche, at both national and global levels in the downstream sector of the oil and Gas, Automobile, Property, Agriculture and Fast r>1oving Consumer Goods (FMCG) Industries.
We represent one of the most vibrant Additive companies in the world, with strong market presence, increasing growth, performance and strong competitive edge amongst the top market players of Additives and Blending Businesses in Nigeria.
Due to continuous growth in our businesses, we are looking for qualified, highly skilled, result- oriented, dynamic, energetic, self-motivated and dedicated professionals ready to work under their own initiative, putting in enormous effort and long hours, with tenacity to achieve results, to fill the positions listed below:
Legal Officer/Company Secretary in Additive Company
- Assisting in the preparation of legal contract, Deeds, leases and other legal documents
- Developing and overseeing the systems that ensure the company complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements.
- Assist Management, Marketing, logistics, Admin & other departments, when required, in conducting a preliminary review of correspondence, contract documents, business offers, and business agreement to ensure high standards and ensure that such document are legally protected.
- Monitoring and Filling Annual returns of the company Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking appropriate action; liaising with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors.
- Dealing with correspondence, collating information and writing reports, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant company stakeholders; maintaining statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretaries.
- Organizing, preparing agendas for and taking minutes of management meetings and general meetings
- Minimum of 2:2 Bsc law
- LLB BL and LLM Higher Qualification will be an added advantage
Experience & Skills
- Versatile In corporate law, litigation, legal drafting Arbitration, proceedings and special skills in vetting international agreement.
- Good knowledge of Oil & gas laws, Banking laws, international trade transaction agreement; especially as they relate to the downstream sector, will be an added advantage
- Currently practicing/or has practiced within the last 5 years, as a Solicitor/Barrister/legal Adviser (Pest call experience)
- Candidates should possess diplomacy, meticulous attention to detail, good numerical, organizational and time management skills and a genuine interest in business.
- Excellent computing, secretarial, Interpersonal, team working and (written/verbal) communication skills are also important.
Method of Application
Interested Applicants should forward their applications and CVs to: email@example.com
Note: Position applied for should be used as caption of the e-mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 10/02/2015