IITA is an international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach is anchored on the development needs of tropical nations. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationality recruited staff based in various stations across Africa. Please visit http://www.iita.org/ for more information on IITA.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian Nationals for the position below at the Institute’s Headquarters, Ibadan.
Position: Linux and Network Administrator
(2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following:
- Install, configure and maintain Linux and windows servers;
- Install, configure and maintain hardware equipment to servers;
- System administrator;
- Network monitoring, identifying bottlenecks and providing solutions;
- Perform all other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- MSc in Computer Science or any related field. Professional Certification is an advantage with at least 10 years relevant experience.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Strong knowledge in Linux, windows and Networking operations.
- Ability to interact with a diverse range of clients and work extra hours when necessary.
- Multitasking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with limited supervision.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with
their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website: http://www.iita.org/careers no later than Two
Weeks from the date of this publication. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
Closing Date: 19/03/2015