CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Location: Gashua, Yobe
Employment Type: Contract
- The Logistics Officer’s will handle contracting, transport, shipping, requisitions, inventory, and other logistics tasks and provides support to field-offices’ and projects’ administration on logistics related matters. The incumbent is expected to deal with customers with maturity, tact and diplomacy.
- The core areas of performance for this position are customer orientation, quality and timeliness of support provided, observance of policies and procedures, development and maintenance of relationships, communication and interpersonal skills.
Specific Responsibilities and Tasks
- Effectively supervise all direct reports in the performance of their duties
- Ensure the proper implementation of CARE’s performance management system for direct reports, including job description and annual performance objectives development, regular feedback, mid-term reviews and annual performance appraisals
- Proactively address performance issues through regular, constructive and honest feedback and coaching
- Identify necessary staff development and career development opportunities for direct reports
- Ensure levels of authority and responsibility are clearly defined, understood and followed by direct reports.
- Support inventory management of all expendable and non-expendable items under the projects. Initiate regular warehouse physical inventory counting and prepare reports on it
- Initiate verification, maintenance, monitoring and write-off/disposal as may be appropriate in compliance with established rules and procedures
- Initiate customs clearance of imported supplies, materials, equipment and/or vehicles for all CARE’S assets held by projects
- Support function of warehousing within CARE Maiduguri operations and produce official release and receiving documents.
- Support CARE logistics and procurement function and assist with planning and goods deliveries, and provide information on the status of requests and the availability of items in the CARE supply chain.
- Provide regular submission of logistics and assets, in particular fleet management reports and generator reports.
- Monitor receive and release supplies based on received authorizing documentation. Verify quantities and quality (including packing) according to goods receipt document, packing lists, waybills, pre-delivery inspection reports or purchase orders and report discrepancies if any;
- Ensure that all stored materials are clearly marked with stock bins with PO/SO references and quantities per pallet/section & stored in a safe & appropriate manner. Ensure easy movement, ventilation, maintenance and systematic arrangement of stock;
- Monitor the quantity and quality of the stored supplies and report on irregularities, if any, in relation to storage, receipt or dispatch & security of the warehouses
- Maintain records and ensure appropriate filing for all documentation related to movements in and out as well as monthly warehouse stock taking reports;
- Perform monthly physical inventory checks, provide monthly stock reports and data on receipts/releases, and immediately report on any variance. Assist in regular/random physical stock taking in the warehouse;
- Develop plans for capacity building of warehouse staff
- Effective report and communicate with clients and programs
- Maintain consultant database
- Maintain and review consultant’s database at the (Head Office) HO and the Sub-Office (SO).
- Ensure prompt processing of consultancy requests following established procedures,
- Co-ordinate due diligence where necessary
- Follow up prompt consultancy contracts to ensure respect of the provisions of the contract
- Prepare and process payment requests for Consultants in accordance with established procedures.
- Ensure that relevant tools are in place for inventory
- Ensure that the Country Office assets are tagged and properly kept (including individual lists of office equipment)
- Ensure that inventories are made in all offices at least once a year
- Ensure that inventory documentation is kept up to date in all offices
- Coordinate and ensure that the reconciliation of all offices and partners’ inventories is done with databases
- Produce annual inventory and reconciliation report to management.
- Monitor life-cycle/shelf-life of assets and equipment
- Monitor all sub-equipment accounts to ensure there is no waste, fraud or misuse of equipment or materials and that surplus or excessive stocks of equipment are not being held
Job Responsibility 6:
- Analyze data on vehicle use and cost, submit a monthly report to the HR & Admin Manager on a monthly, weekly or as and when required for management.
- Provide adequate information on fleet with appropriate recommendations for maintenance and renewal of the fleet.
- Ensure that new vehicles are correctly registered, insured, etc. and initiate the process of renewal of documentation as required.
- Keep a record of annual fleet renewal documentation and process renewals accordingly.
- Manage the allocation and movement of vehicles at the country office.
- Ensure the country office, vehicles all have safety equipment needed such as first aid boxes, fire extinguishers etc.
- Effectively maintain strict adherence CARE policies on travels, seat belts, speed limits and ensure drivers have regular training in this area.
- Maintain an overall chart and individual vehicle and generate files showing maintenance schedules, data of insurance renewals, roadworthiness certificates, ECOWAS brown cards, etc.
Job Responsibility #7:Perform other duties as assigned.
- University degree in Administration, Supply Chain Management, Management or Business or equivalent experience OR a combination of education and work experience.
- Familiarity with basic finance or accounting practices
- 3 – 4 years progressively responsible experience in logistics and administrative work. A good experience in supervision is required.
- Previous experience working with an INGO ora Development organization.
Required / Desired:
- Excellent analytical skill, good written and oral communication skills; Ability to exercise independent judgment and work without direction; Ability to multitask and work within deadlines; Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, Powerpoint & Outlook (or similar software); Good knowledge of Administrative systems and practice, policies and procedures.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of French are required.
- Familiarity with donor rules and regulations (EU, USAID, ECHO, CIDA etc..)
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization.
- Strong level of initiative to provide independent follow through on processing issues and concerns.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong team player.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities,
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills.
Closing Date: 10th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
- There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested. job-seekers. Please note that CARE will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment.