MacTay Consulting – We are one of the first and leading management consulting firm in Nigeria, providing HR services to our clients in Africa since 1982. We focus on adding value to organisations through customized solutions that meet our clients’ needs. We have a proven track record of providing excellent services that impact our clients’ businesses.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Subsea Operations Supervisor (SITE)
Job Location: Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- This position is ‘’Safety Critical’ ’: First contact in the ‘’Chain of Command’’ and occasionally acts as RSES-D for vessel operations.
- Demonstrates personal and team commitment to Company policies, standards, codes of conduct and HSE requirements
- Accountable for the execution of subsea and XT operations and aspects of completion, interventions, work-over, and drilling operations, in compliance with codes of practice, safety, and environmental protection, all while optimizing costs and lead times. (Up to $20M per well operation).
- Directly responsible for up to 30 service contractor personnel depending on ongoing offshore operations.
- Through a continual improvement of equipment, services and operational procedures directly contribute to the DCD cost savings and performance objectives.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to TEPNG’s HSE Policy.
- Maintains awareness of and ensures compliance with all relevant Statutory and Company HSE standards.
- Actively participates in Company safety awareness/initiative schemes and audits to ensure the contractors under his/her responsibility are compliant.
- Where applicable, is part of the on-site management emergency response team and provides technical knowledge.
- Ensures and verifies that a valid PTW has been compiled and put in place for each operational task, with all associated risks captured.
- Ensures continuous reporting of safety and environmental concerns/incidents within his/her team.
- Is certified (IWCF and COC) and contributes to the prevention of Company’s biggest industrial risk (Loss of well control/ well blow out)
- Acts as the Offshore Focal point: Safety, technical and operational leader for all subsea operations in OML 130 DW assets.
- Oversees / supervises deep offshore (multi-million USD) deepwater Subsea operations on drilling rigs, OIMR & LWI vessels
- Preparation, planning, optimization, execution and follow up of the Deepwater Subsea operations: Rig/vessel upgrade, Top hole (wellhead / PGB systems), Upper completions (Tubing hangers, SLS etc.), Well test and intervention: (EDP,LRP,TFA,IWOCS etc), Tree on wire operations TOW & Life of Field Support: (TRT, ART, Mini-WOCS, SCM & choke insert change out etc).
- Leads all pre-Service meetings and toolbox talks for subsea related operations.
- Provides financial oversight and responsibility for equipment, personnel, and processes during the Service execution phase -responsible for up to 20M USD operational spend for deepwater subsea operation.
- Regularly acts as offshore interface focal point between DCD and other TEPNG departments (Field ops, GSR, ECP, HSE etc).
- Ensures accurate operational reporting via the WELLVIEW system.
- Ensures accurate operational and logistic planning by creating and distributing a structured planning document to all stake holders. Thus, organizing equipment and personnel movements in-line with the operational plan.
- Mentors’ Junior supervisors and young engineers on offshore assignments.
- Drives a LEAN and continuous improvement culture within his team offshore and communicates appropriately with the onshore team.
- Captures and communicates lessons learned with onshore, service company and other stakeholders.
- Provides input to the DW DCD KPI and CPI database, and benchmarks operations against ‘’best composite’’ performance.
- Actively Participates in monthly performance meetings with the onshore team.
- Closes out any highlighted improvement actions.
- Perform post Service closure:
- Operational debriefs and prepare report of lessons learned (continual improvement philosophy)
- Assist in preparation of handover and end of well reports (subsea section).
- Ensure subsea completion data are properly entered and attachment joined in Well view data base.
- Occasionally performs key onshore roles including:
- Writing operational reports.
- Vetting / overseeing equipment testing and maintenance at Onshore Service base
- Participating in HAZIDS / HAZOPS and onshore risk assessments.
- Participating in contractor site / process technical and safety audits.
- Participate in contractors’ Service Quality and Contracts Review Meetings
Context and Environment:
- Deep water environment (up to 1600m operation water depth) on a 6th generation drillship with high daily cost exposure (~$1.5m / day rig rate)
- Works within and supervises multiple culturally and professionally transverse people.
- Safety critical role (Training and certification allows direct involvement in major risk prevention – blow-out)
- Transverse activities across all disciplines within DCD and ouside (HSE, projects,logitics, Field operations, ECP etc)
- Safely and efficiently delivers subsea completions, interventions, clean-ups and Workover’s operations
- Key initiator and Implementer of performance and cost improvement processes, procedures, and initiatives.
Qualifications / Experience Required
- Bachelor of Engineering is a must
- Minimum of 5 – 15 years relevant technical experience and offshore subsea/intervention/completion roles
- Experience in SPS equipment installation for main SPS contractors (Onesubsea, TechnipFMC, Aker Solutions) and sub-contractors such as Expro, Diamould & ROV tooling contractors
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Closing Date:24th May, 2021