(Job Number 2027634)
- Reporting to the Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Plant Manager, the O&M Maintenance Manager is responsible for ensuring Power Plant compliance with all engineering and maintenance aspects of the O&M Agreement between General Electric and the Customer In this role, the Maintenance Manager will lead a Maintenance team of highly trained, skilled and experienced personnel in the safe and efficient maintenance of a Gas Turbine Power Station.
- Ensuring compliance in all areas of Health, Safety and Environmental programs and procedures as applicable to the Power Station and General Electric requirements.
- Ensuring compliance with all maintenance aspects of the O&M Agreement between General Electric and the Customer including all statutory requirements.
- Leading a team of reliable and qualified personnel within the Maintenance department through strategic recruitment, succession planning, training, development and motivation of individuals and the team
- Continuous development, improvement and auditing of a comprehensive site maintenance strategy utilizing a CBM philosophy, within a quality framework accreditable to internationally recognized standards and consistent with protecting the Customers investment while achieving maximum Power Plant availability at the lowest heat rate in a safe, reliable, economical and environmentally friendly manner.
- Establishing, maintaining and auditing routines, for all maintenance aspects of the Power Plant, within a quality framework accreditable to internationally recognized standards.
- Use of 6 Sigma tools to drive quality & enhanced customer value through all maintenance activities.
- Initiate an FMEA and implement a strategy to avert operational risk on all plant and equipment.
- Developing the functionality of the site CMMS package
- Developing an overall Gas Turbine/Steam Turbine outage management package covering differing scopes, planning, quality & cost.
- Managing the site spares warehousing facility
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with the site Operation Team & other stakeholders
- Participating with the O&M management team in developing & implementing a world class O&M strategy
- Managing the site maintenance & engineering budget
- Developing, proposing, implementing and managing capital scheme projects on behalf of the Customer
- Providing expert technical guidance on engineering standards and repair techniques to minimize production losses.
- Development and draw down of various support contracts for effective operation and maintenance of the Power Plant
- Effectively controlling the selection and placement of new and current contractual agreements with contracting firms and contractors on site.
- Managing and implementing GE EHS procedures within the area of responsibility.
- Managing and monitoring the effectiveness of initial and refresher EHS training provided to all maintenance personnel.
- Provision of support services to the Operations Department for completion and recording of routine maintenance activities.
- Management of complex issues within functional areas of expertise
- Establishing and sustaining within the Maintenance team a culture that promotes a safe and positive work environment
- The Maintenance Manager will be available on a call rotation with the other members of the Management Team at all times.
- Deputize for the Plant Manager as required.
- Recognized formal qualification in an engineering discipline from an accredited university or college.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Production is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Power Plant management or supervisory role.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria.
Method of Application
To access the full job description and apply, please visit GE’S career website at www.ge.com/careers
Closing Date: 16/02/2015