Pivotage Consulting – Our client, a Real Estate Investment and Development company with main focusin Africa, is currently seeking to grow its team by hiring an experienced personnel to provide support for a project near completion in the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) Coordinator
Job Ref.: HCC / 001 / MEP
Type: Contract (3 – 6 months)
Job Category: Experienced
Summary / Objective
- Although, the project is near completion, The MEP Coordinator would be managing operations in the area of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, piping, and fire protection design and installation.
- Developing sequences of installation for mechanical and electrical components
- Establishing milestones for completion of various systems to allow sufficient time for pre-testing and testing
- Establishing testing schedule for each subcontractor’s individual components leading up to coordinated testing of systems involving several contractors
- Establishing shop drawing and submittal schedules and see to their maintenance and follow-up.
- Review space coordination among trades such as duct and piping layouts, beam penetration requirements, headroom clearances, etc.
- Preparation of mechanical and electrical preliminary estimates
- Review subcontractor budgets, scope sheets, qualifications, exclusions, etc.
- Preparation of preliminary schedules
- Review subcontract proposals for scope, price and compliance with general contract
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications and Requirments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Science or equivalent work experience
- Proven work experience as a Mechanical Electrical and Plumbing Coordinator
- Able to work with multiple stakeholders to identify and resolve complex issues as it relates to MEP design and construction
- Ability to run complex meetings with multiple attendees, issue minutes promptly and follow up with participants for deliverables.
- Good understanding of fire/life safety and fire sprinkler systems and the integration of same with mechanical, electrical, building systems
- Good understanding of the test and balance process and requirements
- Good understanding of building automation systems and sequences as it relates to MEP
- Good understanding of MEP related safety regulations
- Strong ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with clients and architects is required.
- Extensive knowledge with respect to MEP scopes of work.
- Possess some knowledge and experience with non-MEP trade scopes of work.
- Experience with the following software is preferred; Excel, Navisworks, and Bluebeam or Adobe.
- Strong grasp of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing engineering concepts and applicable codes.
Closing Date: 27th April, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV only to: email@example.com using “MEP Coordinator” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Please ensure CV is in MS Word format only.