Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Coordinator, Support
Report to: Medical Coordinator
Report to (functional): Medical Coordinator
Working Hours: 48hours per week
Contract Duration: 6 months
- Support the Medical Coordinator through delegated tasks and responsibilities. Among others, support and collaborate with the Medical Coordinator in defining, leading and coordinating the entire medical scope of the mission, according to MSF standards, policies, protocols and values, in order to ensure the quality of the medical care given to the population at risk and thus improving their overall health and living conditions.
- Assist and support the Medical Coordinator in the implementation of the overall medical content, activity and resources in the missions, by assuming some tasks delegated by him/her and giving personal assistance in other specific activities, in order to facilitate the proper medical management of the projects and medical follow-up of the staff in the mission.
- Monitoring, supervising and evaluating the implementation of medical activities in the project, visiting projects according to preset schedule and participating in defining the human resources needs, materials and techniques. Assisting in the implementation of MSF protocols, (para) medical standards, the rules of hygiene and universal precautions in service.
- Assisting in the collection of information on national health policy (meetings, reports, articles, etc.), collecting and participating in the analysis of epidemiological data (meetings, reports, articles, etc.) from the projects
- Ensuring medical follow up of patients (treatment, improvement) in collaboration with the medical referent of the health structure and overseeing all medical expenses associated with the patient, in collaboration with the supervisors. Organize the administrative and medical information (reports, ongoing treatments), the discharge of patients and return to their homes
- Applying the employee health policy and participating in the evaluation of hospital structures that can serve as reference structures for national and international staff. Participating in the medical monitoring of MSF personnel and overseeing all medical expenses associated with various consultations and hospitalizations in collaboration with the line manager
- Participating in the data collection and management from the projects as well as preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports and organizing · data archiving and medical reports in the project
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities
- Participate actively in reflections and discussions on the evolution of MSF programs in the mission, contributing with his/her background and experience to the improvement of overall performance, adapting it to the changing reality and context.
- Ensure collection of medical information (meetings, reports, articles, etc.) and data (epidemiological data, statistics, etc.).
- Focal point of the HMIS and medical data base of the mission, update the database, ensure quality of data collection, analysis and report , train the PMRs and MAMs to ensure quality.
- Ensure epidemiological surveillance for MSF OCBA. Support projects’ development by answering medical questions from the field, participating in briefings and debriefings of medical staff and replacing temporarily a member of the field team when necessary, in order to keep a smooth functioning of the projects.
- In support of the medical coordinator, represent MSF in meetings, workshops,c onferences or with different stakeholders , takes minutes and brief the Medical coordinator on the content of different forum . Assist the MedCo in the stakeholder mapping (organigram of MoH, etc.)
- Follow-up patients referred by MSF field teams to the capital, organizing their transport, setting their further referral to reference facilities previously identified, doing follow-up on the treatment they receive and their evolution, and carrying out the administrative tasks associated, in order to keep special attention to most the complicated or sensitive cases.
- In the absence of a Mission pharmacy manager, organize and manage the central pharmacy in the Mission, managing medical stock, updating emergency boxes, preparing and dispatching medical orders requested by the field, and participating in drawing up international orders and organizing their reception, in order to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness during the whole supply process.
- Carry out medical follow-up of all MSF national and international staff in application of MSF staff health policies, supervising together with the administrator the medical expenses associated, in order to protect personnel’s health state while keeping close control to the resources required.
- Support the projects with frequent visits to the field.
- Medicine or paramedical degree essential. Specialization or training in tropical disease, desirable.
- Essential working experience in developing countries.
- Desirable working experience in MSF or other NGO’s.
- Mission languages English and Hausa essential.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet).
- Results, Teamwork., Flexibility., Commitment., Stress Management.
NGN 6,441,591 (Annual basic salary +13th month) As per the MSF salary scale (National contract).
Closing Date: 25th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Motivation Letter, copies of Credentials, copy of Practicing Licence and NYSC Certificate (only PDF or Word) by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org In the subject please to put the position and the reference for while you are applying.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
- Applications are non-returnable. Do not submit original certificates or credentials.
- MSF Encourages Women and People with Disability Status to Apply.