The French Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is recruiting for its project in Jahun:
2 Permanent Medical Doctors
Open To Qualified Doctors
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
- Provide quality medical care for emergency obstetric and neonatal cases in the maternity and VVF cases in the wards in accordance to MSF protocols;
- Assist the midwives to triage and manage patients presenting with high risk conditions related to pregnancy;
- Be involved in all surgical procedures and post-operative surgical care, in accordance with MSF protocols
- Provide consultations for post-natal patients and MSF staff as required;
- Observe and respect the MSF Charter and adhere to work schedule as per roster and on-call requirements;
- Treat the patient with respect, providing good quality care and ensuring privacy and confidentiality.
Required Skills and Conditions
- Nigerian Medical Diploma with minimum of 2 years of active clinical experience since graduation;
- Interest and/or experience in obstetrics;
- Strong work ethic, commitment to humanitarian objectives and patient care;
- Motivation, flexibility and capacity to work as a team and in emergency program;
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Hausa (preferably).
Pool for Midwives and Nurses
To be able to cover some Human Resources gaps (annual leave, maternity leave, sick leave, etc.) or to response effectively to an eventual increase of the activity, MSF wants to constitute a pool of medical daily workers that can be called at any time in case of need.
For this reason, MSF is presently seeking applicants for the above positions:
- Essential technical diploma in Nursing and Midwifery as the case may be.
- Essential working experience of at least one year in relevant jobs
- English both in spoken and written
- Hausa (spoken) added advantage
- Jahun Hospital, Jigawa State (Nigeria)
- Unlimited contract duration starting in March 2015.
- 208 working hours per month. Roster flexibility required.
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of medical credentials, registration and a cover letter with contact details to the MSF Administration Office in Jahun (“Application Box” at the Watchmen Desk).
Applications can be submitted in person or by email to: email@example.com
Deadline for the submission of applications: Saturday, March 8th 2015
Please make sure to submit your application by this date.
NB: only successful applicants will be called for interview.
Notice: No monetary transactions, neither demands of favors in kind, nor other types of favoritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process. MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
Closing Date: 08/03/2015