FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology- creating a unique mix of capabilities to address, today interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. slates and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the positions of;
Position Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
Contract Type: Full Term
Location (s): Abuja
The Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor, will oversee all project research, monitor, and evaluate activities for malaria prevention, treatment and capacity building with the government, particularly the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP), State and LGA level. S/he will monitor and evaluate project and government interventions as well as develop frameworks and processes to use and analyze the data to inform evidence-based planning and decision making. S/he will strengthen and harmonize sources of information and data to improve management decisions and overall project performance and effectiveness, enabling the project to incorporate results in a fluid, dynamic manner. S/he will also be
responsible for designing and implementing all project research, including baseline studies and household surveys; incorporates cutting-edge and innovative research techniques; develops a clear monitoring and evaluation plan with indicators that are reflective of key malaria objectives and requirements; and coordinates among the Chief of Party, Implementation Director, Malaria Technical Advisor, and technical managers as well as with other non-project stakeholders to ensure that data is disseminated and used to implement research-based interventions.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- MB.BS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 5 to 7 years relevant experience with at least 5 years progressive experience working in Monitoring and Evaluation in international health and/or development programs at national or international level.
- MS/MA in demography, economics and an MPH or similar degree with 7 to 9 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level Monitoring and Evaluation in international health and/or programs at national or international level.
- Ability to work independently to assess priorities and manage daily coordination of details with minimal supervision
- Competency in all facets of survey design and implementation and sound practical knowledge of statistics and the use of statistical software.
- Proven experience in project development, planning and facilitating technical training.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs is required.
- Working knowledge of USAID or familiarity with USAID M&E rules and requirement is required.
- Ability and willingness to travel
Method of Application
For detailed information, please visit our international employment webpage at www.fhi360.org. FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may go to FHI 360’s Career Center at www.fhi360.org/careers to register online and to submit CV/resume. FHI 360 is an
Equal Opportunity Employer.
FHI 360 does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
Closing Date: 04/04/2015