Reports: Share Chief of Party
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Duration: July 2016 (With Possibility of Extension)
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS reestablished
presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, HIV and health extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
CRS Nigeria is leading an exciting and innovative project designed to develop sustainable approaches to lift some of the most vulnerable’ households in Nigeria out of poverty. This USAID-supported project called SHARE (Support to Vulnerable Households for Accelerated Revenue Earnings) is implemented by a consortium consisting of Mercy Corps, the Catholic Caritas Foundation of Nigeria and the Federation of Muslim Women Associations of Nigeria. SHARE is based in rural communities in Northern Nigeria’s Sokoto and Kebbi states, and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), and is using a multi-sector approach that will help 42,000 very poor households (HHs) grow their agriculture production, incomes and improve nutrition. The SHARE consortium works closely with multiple stakeholders within government at different levels and amongst private sector. The project partners with eight local civil society organizations and incorporates a focus on local capacity building for sustained service delivery in project locations.
The foundation of SHARE’s approach is agricultural-led growth. SHARE improves agricultural practices, including post-harvest storage for nutrient rich crops/livestock already being produced; and promotes a market-oriented approach to diversify production. This is accomplished by ensuring that all agricultural activities are adapted to specific agro-ecological and cultural contexts. SHARE helps very vulnerable families to diversify their income and implement strong and comprehensive nutrition activities in communities. To help some of the most vulnerable families move along the Pathway to Prosperity, SHARE distributes cash transfers to help meet nutritional needs, recover assets and overcome barriers
to income-generating activities. To support sustainability, SHARE strengthens the institutional capacity of government systems to implement poverty reduction programs and reinforce accountability between the government and citizens.
The role aims to provide technical and management program support to SHARE project operations in order to ensure program objectives are implemented and thus ensuring the achievement of CRS Mission.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities Program Quality, Systems and Capacity development
- Technical Leadership in M&E design and application
- Learning and Knowledge Management
- Promote innovation across consortium
- Representation and Advocacy
- MSC or PhD degree in agriculture, economics, social science or related technical field with a minimum of7 years’ experience on technical and managerial positions.
- Previous field work experience working through partner organizations
- Proven experience managing USAID/USG reporting, budgeting, procurement, and project management procedures and at least three years of management experience with USG funded and/ or PEPFAR program in Nigeria and/or Africa.
- 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience, excellent partnership and interpersonal skills to work in a team environment with dependable ability to dialogue, network, and work effectively with senior managers of local and international institutions
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English; fluency in Hausa is desirable
- Proven ability to work independently, plan strategically and analyze situations critically
- Experience with implementing ICT4D solutions a plus.
- Computer proficiency in Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Travel more than 60 % of the time
Method of Application
Only applications sent in the required format will be considered. Please note CRS does
not accept any form of fees for recruitments.
“CRS is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are especially encouraged to apply”
Closing Date: 28/02/2015