Adam Smith International are an award-winning professional services business that delivers real impact, value and lasting change through projects supporting economic growth and government reform internationally. Our reputation as a global leader has been built on the positive results our projects have achieved in many of the world’s most challenging environments.
Adam Smith International has a strong corporate presence globally, with 146 current projects across 49 countries and over 1,000 staff and associates. Headquartered in London, our regional headquarters are based in Africa (Nairobi, Abuja, and Pretoria), Asia Pacific (Sydney) and South Asia (Delhi), with numerous registered offices across Africa and Asia.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MRM Expert
Tracking Code: 1111-112
Location: Northern Nigeria, Nigeria
Department: Private Sector Development
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
- The Monitoring and Result Measurement (MRM) Senior Manager will oversee and maintain an effective MRM system that draws on international best practice and in due course becomes compliant with the DCED Standard for Results Measurement.
- The MRM Senior Manager has responsibility for ensuring that M&E activities are well planned, resourced and carried out so that relevant and useful information is generated on intervention performance.
- The MRM system will be required to effectively prove the project’s impact, as well as generating the right information to continually improve the way the project operates. Assist intervention managers with research design and analysis and ensuring proper use of research tools and methods
- Ensure the MRM system is operational in all programme states – take action to ensure it is running properly.
- Establish and maintain the programme’s knowledge management system.
- Ensure that the team is kept up-to-date on the knowledge management system.
- Review the current workflows and processes of data capturing and analysing, propose improvements and ensure full tracking systems are in place, including direct and indirect impact and impact beyond the logframe
- Develop (and improve on) baselines and survey designs: the data from which will be used for making decisions on closure, parking, continuation and scale up of interventions.
- Undertake validation of data arising from the implementation of the Measurement Plans to verify that the results conform to “best practice”.
- Track an internal assessment of risk for each project/intervention.
- Carry out evaluations, impact assessments, and develop case studies as the need arises, on both successful and unsuccessful interventions that document and analyse what happened, what was achieved and what lessons can be drawn from this experience.
- Supervise the preparation of all documentation for and in orientating project teams on DCED audits and ‘mock’ audits.
- Assess current MRM systems and make recommendations for improvements, as required.
- Ensure that effective quality control mechanisms are in place to assure the quality of work carried out by the MRM team.
- Undertake other tasks that may be incorporated to the MRM team
- In discussion with team leader and project managers, provide flexible project assistance where needed for successful project delivery, especially during times of milestone delivery.
- Results-driven, with strong attention to detail;
- Strong analytical, critical capabilities
- Methodical, organized and attention to detail qualities
- Strong people management skills and emotional intelligence;
- Female candidates and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- 10+ years of MRM/M&E experience on development programmes; experience on skills/employment programmes would be a particular advantage;
- Experience working in Northern Nigeria;
- Extensive experience designing and maintaining M&E systems;
- Experience developing baselines and surveys;
- Previous experience working on DFID programmes would be an advantage;
Closing Date: Not Specified.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online