Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: National Coordinator for Economic & Social Recovery Project
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Duration: 12 Months
Start date : 2020-06-01
- As the National Coordinator for the project, you will be responsible for the coordination and implementation of the Economic & Social Inclusive Recovery (RESILAC) Project for the Lake Chad, which include activities in the country of intervention, in conjunction with the regional office, the host mission and the project partners.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Ensure the functioning and coordination of the national RESILAC program unit in Nigeria
- The understanding and appropriation of the project by the field teams of ACF and partners teams intervening in the program.
- Provide support to the state and national level operation committees and ensure that stakeholders are engaged.
- Integration and cooperation of all technical pillars in the overall implementation strategy at national level.
- The transmission to the partners of the information collected and analyzed.
- Integration of the recommendations made by technical referents in connection with the RESILAC project.
- Support the implementation and ensure reporting of the project.
- Plan and monitor the implementation of RESILAC‘s activities in Nigeria, its evaluation and its internal and external accountability.
- In liaison with the regional office, validation of key milestones and implementation methodologies.
- Ensure the quality and accountability of the RESILAC Program.
- The project technical conformity with the international rules, guidelines and technical standards as defined with the technical referents of the project.
- To promote overall quality of project implementation in order to maximize impact.
- Report to the Area Coordinator and regional coordination team any major difficulties encountered in implementing the recommendations and / or the necessary adaptation measures.
- Provide technical and administrative leadership to the project team.
- Supervision of program staff (team of over 15 staffs across the three LGAs).
- Identify need-based trainings and work with HR team to develop, plan and implement relevant training plans for each team member.
- Define objectives, update staff job descriptions and facilitate regular performance appraisals with support of the HR team.
- You have at least 3 years of work experience coordinating development activities or humanitarian activities in a complex environment (insecure / relatively isolated setting).
- You are known for your management and coordination skills (project management in consortium, country projects, multicultural technical teams, etc.).
- In your past positions, you had to translate analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy.
- You have excellent written and oral communications skills, and you have advanced knowledge of donors’ guidelines and procedures.
- You are fluent (written and spoken) in English – this is mandatory.
- Having a training in safety and security management will be a plus.
Specific conditions / Salary
- Status: Unaccompanied – the position is based in Maiduguri
- Contract: Fixed term contract under French legislation
Remuneration and benefits:
- Monthly gross salary from 2450 to 2800 € upon experience
- Per diem and living allowance: 539 € (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
- + 450€ as country allowance
- + 16% of monthly gross for non-French citizen for retrocession of retirement and unemployment insurance.
- + child allowance
- Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- + 20 RnR per year.
- + 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 3 months).
- Support for transport tickets to the reference recovery area.
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge.
- Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.
Closing Date: Not Specified.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online