The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Officer (FMM/ Grants Administration & Coordination Support)
SVN No.: SVN2019/80
Organizational Unit: ECOWAS Regional Programme (FMM)
IOM Classification: NOA
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Within the project “Support to Free Movement of Persons & Migration in West Africa” (FMM West Africa), the Non-State Actors (NSA) Fund is designed to promote the active engagement of Non-state actors and local authorities in information and protection activities for the benefit of migrant and cross-border populations in West Africa. To this effect, the FMM West Africa Fund for Non-State Actors provides grants for the implementation of projects by Non-State actors and local authorities.
- Under the overall direction of the FMM West Africa Programme Manager and the direct daily supervision of the Civil Society Fund Coordinator, the candidate will be responsible for supporting the administration and coordination of activities related to the Non – State Actors Fund. The candidate will be based in Abuja and will work in close collaboration with other members of the Project Support Unit.
Core F unctions / Responsibilities
- Lead the development and administration of the Non – State Actors fund grant proposals tracking system for the internal administration of the grants;
- Provide NSA-related quantitative data for FMM qualitative analysis, and for use in FMM public information campaigns.
- In close coordination with the FMM West Africa Regional Programme Manager and the IOM Nigeria Finance Unit, and relevant IOM missions within the West African region, provides financial advice, as per Grants’ contractual provisions, to anglophone countries (Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria and Sierra Leone) NSAs.
- In close coordination with the FMM West Africa Regional Programme Manager, the NSA Coordinator, and relevant IOM missions within the West African region, provides project implementation advice and support, as per Grants’ contractual provisions, to NSAs.
- Coordinate project review meetings and assist in compiling and maintaining non – state actors fund project reports;
- Provides quantitative and qualitative baseline information for NSA field visits.
- Monitor grants expenditures and disbursements.
- Provide technical inputs in development the design, management, maintenance and updating of FMM website and MIDWA Information Sharing Platform;
- Provides NSA-related quantitative and qualitative input to FMM donor reports.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Five years professional experience (or two years for candidates holding master’s degree) working with national and international NGOs in implementing cross-border activities,
- Five years of experience in remote control management of partners;
- At least 5 years of experience managing and provide technical guidance to implementing partners in West Africa;
- Strong computer skills, particularly MS Office suite and database, php/Java, MYQSL/ORACLE. Advance knowledge of Excel;
- Fluency in English; Working knowledge of French language advantageous.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work. Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way. Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: work strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply
Application: 11th July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications via email to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating position applied on subject line
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2019/80 Abuja. National Officer Grants Administration & Coordination Support (FMM)
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.