Pro-Health International is a faith-based, non- profit organization that has provided free health care services to under-served populations in Nigeria for over 28 years.
Pro-Health International is inviting suitable candidates for the under-listed position for its newly awarded USAID funded OVC project ICHSSA 4: Integrated Child Health and Social Services to be implemented in Nigeria. The ICHSSA 4 project seeks to improve the wellbeing of OVCs and their caregivers:
Job Title: Nutrition Officer
- The Nutrition officer will assist the Nutrition Advisor in the capacity strengthening of CSOs to provide high quality livelihood services for vulnerable households and populations.
- S/he will assist in the development of assessment tools, analysis of household vulnerability assessment results and articulation of appropriate relevant interventions to address identified gaps
- S/he will be responsible for writing reports of Nutrition Community of Practice meetings and trainings while providing logistical and programmatic support during such activities
- The Nutrition officer will ensure timely preparation of high-quality training and meeting reports
- Support the Secretariat of the Nutrition Community of Practice and convene meetings and follow up with CSOs, working groups or ad hoc committee to complete assigned tasks as appropriate
- Conduct quarterly review of partners’ progress reports, tease out promising practices and identify nutrition accomplishments of research significance in furtherance of ICHSSA 4 learning agenda
- S/he will maintain strong partnership with implementing CSOs, government and private sector players and other relevant stakeholders in manner that reflects professionalism, mutual respect in accordance with PHI value based behavior
- Perform any other functions that may be assigned by the Technical Advisors from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in any relevant discipline.
- A certificate in agricultural economics, food science, public health or a related discipline will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in VC programing and working at community level work with some program management responsibilities.
- Technical skills and experience in nutrition. Experience in agriculture, food technology will be added advantage
- Demonstrated knowledge about nutrition concepts such as IYCF, CMAM, PD Heart etc
- Experience working with household poverty and food security assessment tools such as Nigeria Progress out of Poverty Tool, Household Hunger Scale
- Demonstrated experience in the use of nutrition assessment tools like MUAC, Body mass index (BMI)
- Demonstrated ability to support partners working at a distance to achieve results against program objectives/targets
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team of professionals
- Demonstrated experience in Nigeria VC response, VC programming principles and integrated programming approaches.
Closing Date: 20th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover Letter along with their Resume / CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.
Important Information / Notice
- This job description is not an exhaustive list, rather it is intended to be indicative of the skills, efforts, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
- “Pro-Health International is an equal –opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”.