POSITION: Freight Export and Import Operations Officer
LOCATION: Mowe, Ogun State
• Ensure compliance of the Freight Forwarding processes with Company rules and all applicable laws and regulation
• Ensure that all safety requirements such as certifications, identifications, etc. are fully complied as per company requirements and local government regulations
• Organize, structure, coordinate and report gaps on company referential compliance in Freight Forwarding activities
• Ensure the good administration and filing of all the Freight Forwarding documents in line with the applicable procedures
• Consolidate the planning related to shipments and customs clearance of goods
• Adherence to the statutory requirements. Assist Transit Manager in the Contracts Committee during the Call-for-Tender
• Liaise with Base Logistics, reception and warehousing personnel to ensure efficient operations and cargo deliveries
• Liaise with the banks and government appointed shipment inspection agents on every shipment for appropriate duty payment classification in conformance to the statutory requirement
• Liaise effectively with government agencies (eg: NAFDAC, Customs, NPA) to secure relevant permits and approvals for importation activities
• Ensure appropriate and correct shipping documents are obtained from the suppliers, freight forwarders, airlines, banks, government appointed pre-shipment inspection agents, etc.
• Optimize the activities of third-party service provides and evaluate their performance
• Ensure that all import activities and shipping documentation are transacted and updated
• Check Customs tariff positions and interpret government fiscal policies & amendments
• Supervise foreign purchases invoice certification reception, Freight Forwarding banking activities, import duties and shipping payments
• Be abreast of the market, participate to the follow-up and evaluation of clearing and freight forwarders
• Proffer advisory role on customs clearing and shipping procedure guidance to service contractors with DDU/ DDP materials.
• Participates in shipping contracts, procedures and policy formulation
• Prepare service level agreements for freight forwarders and clearing agents
• Negotiate and handle settlements for material damages arising from operations in relations with Insurance
• Ensure adequate record keeping of customs documents, notices, government regulatory documents and documentations of other third parties.
• Give daily reports of all Export and Import operational activities to the management.
• Ensure that multiple projects meet their projected deadlines effectively.
• Applicant must possess good communication skill with ability to prioritize tasks independently, accurately complete work.
• Create a database for all airlines, shipping and terminal local charges for both export and import shipment.
• To assist in opening form M and forward the form M to required authority.
• To ensure that each transaction regarding airfreight and seafreight are created and documented, such as: Airway bill, Bill lading, form M, CCVO, Packing List, Entry, Invoice, NAHCO & SAHCOL handling receipt, job card, client quoted amount and partner quoted amount are filed and documented.
• To ensure that, before the processing of any shipment, MD must approve the agreed quote.
• To ensure that after clearing, all the original and necessary documents that are supposed to be in the file are all returned to the file.
• Minimum of OND in any Social Science, Science, Business Management
• At least 3 – 4years relevant experience in International trade, Import/Export/Shipping activities preferably in relation to the Oil and Gas sector
• Knowledgeable on laws and regulations applicable to Freight Forwarding and importation
• Demonstrable general knowledge of the industry
• Ability to use and enrich market intelligence information, cost models, target prices, etc
• Good negotiation and team management skills
• Good command of English language, excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge across all the disciplines of Supply Chain Management will be an added advantage.
Method of Application:
Send CVs to email@example.com
Closing Date: 20th December, 2019