- Responsible to the Regional General Manager for the management of a Combined Cycle or Open Cycle Operations & Maintenance Agreement between GE International Operations (Nigeria) Ltd and the Customer.
- The Plant Manager will maintain care, custody, control and safe operation and maintenance of a power generation facility located within Nigeria.
- Establish and sustain a culture that promotes a safe and positive work environment.
- Demonstrate accountability for functional, business and broad company objectives.
- Integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization.
- Manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise
- Be involved in long-term planning and contribute to the overall business strategy. Ensure environmental, health and safety and all regulatory requirement compliance.
- Act, with central support from the EHS Manager, as Environmental, Health and Safety Advisor to the Plan Team and the Customer with items relating to the Asset.
- Hire, supervise, evaluate, develop and lead a skilled and effective workforce. Delegate, monitor, empower work activities for a safe and efficient plant operation.
- Develop, implement and review procedures and systems for plant personnel to operate and maintain the plant in a safe and effective manner.
- Initiate procedures and drive Quality Assurance measures to achieve ISO standards (9001/14001/18001)
- Prepare customer annual budget and manage plant expenditures appropriately.
- Prepare and forecast contractual budget plans in line with Business requirements.
- Manage Customer and GE business metrics and reporting requirements.
- Understand and execute plant contractual requirements.
- Establish and maintain positive customer intensity, relationship and communication.
- Manage the plant to ensure optimal availability, reliability, and budgetary performance while driving Customer value and GE/Customer productivity.
- Lead FMEA, RCA and MOC activities, Identify, pursue and support GE PGS O&M and GSA growth opportunities both regionally and within the confines of the contract.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of 5 years hands on power plant management experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the management of multiple projects I tasks and multiple, multi-skilled personnel.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria.
Method of Application
To access the full job description and apply, please visit GE’S career website at www.ge.com/careers
Closing Date: 16/02/2015