Objective of Position
- To co-ordinate and ensure that records are kept of all validated documents emanating from the work of the Parliament, and that information and documentation necessary to facilitate and support the work of the Parliament are made available in the library.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Director of Parliamentary Affairs and Research, the Principal Librarian is the Head of Documentation Division. He/she will perform the following functions;
- In consultation with the other Divisions and units of the institution, proposes policy and procedure for the management of the library and documentation of the Parliament
- Supervises the staff of the Documentation and Research Division to ensure good library services comparable with those in international Parliamentary libraries;
- Ensure the production, preservation and availability of desired documents to meet the needs of all organs of the Parliament
- Establishes link with other libraries and international to scarce sources of information
- Encourages and facilitates usage of the library of the library by developing information tools on the library collection and facilities, as well as on the ways to access these;
- Make proposals from time-to-time for the modernization and up-dating of the library to take advantage of advances in information technology and diversified forms of research;
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science plus eight (8) years post qualification experience, including two (2) years supervisory experience.
- Work in National or Regional Parliament or an international organization is an advantage. Proficiency in one of the Community Languages and working knowledge in a second is required,
- Proficiency in the use of a computer, including applications such as Word, Excel, internet research and email’ communication, as well as relevant software; is required,
- Salary Scale
- The post of Principal Librarian/Documentalist is on P5 of the ECOWAS salary scale: AU33,607 UA37,996 per annum.
- Vacancies are restricted to citizens of ECOWAS Member States only.
- Candidates must not exceed the age of fifty (50) years by the date of appointment.
Submission of Applications
Interested applicants should submit their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of relevant credentials to:
The Honourable Speaker
International Conference Centre
PMB, 576, Garki
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Closing Date: 20/03/2015