Objective of Position
- To co-ordinate and provide research services in relevant areas to support the work of the Parliament.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Director of Parliamentary Affairs and Research, the Principal Research Officer performs the following functions:
- Co-ordinates the conduct of research on area of interest aimed at supporting the Parliament or its Committees
- Deploys staff to research for individual members of Parliament and Committees.
- Provides information for policy for formulation and for inclusion in fact sheets.
- Compiles relevant statistics and data for publication
- Supervises subordinate officers in the conduct in the conduct of research
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, International Relations, Sociology, Law or Public Administration plus eight (8) years post qualification research experience, or a higher degree with six (6) year s research experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates with research degrees, especially at the PhD level.
- Prior working experience in a National or Regional Parliament or an International Organization is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in one of the Community Languages and working knowledge in a second is required. Proficiency in the use of computer, including applications such as Word, Excel, internet research and email communication, as well as relevant software, is required.
- The post of Principal Research Officer is on P5 of the ECOWAS salary scale: UA33,607-UA37,996 per annum.
- Vacancies are restricted to citizens of ECOWAS Member States only.
- Candidates must not exceed the age of fifty (50) years by the date of appointment.
Submission of Applications
Interested applicants should submit their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of relevant credentials to:
The Honourable Speaker
International Conference Centre
PMB, 576, Garki
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Closing Date: 20/03/2015