Daystar Power is a leading off-grid power service provider, offering hybrid power solutions to commercial and industrial businesses in West Africa. Daystar Power’s solutions “Solar-as-a-Service” (100% solar power) and “Power-as-a-Service” (hybrid power solutions with battery storage) provide clean and reliable power while significantly reducing clients’ overall power costs.
Daystar Power counts the region’s leading industrial and commercial companies among its client base. Daystar is active in Nigeria, Ghana, Togo and Senegal with a representative office in Cote d’Ivoire.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Procurement and Logistics Manager
Job Location: Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
- Daystar Power Group is looking to engage a competent and experienced Procurement and Logistics Manager who will be responsible for strategic process of planning, sourcing, negotiation and purchasing of materials, product, goods, services, and logistics vis-a-vis, vendor management with clearly defined processes.
- We are seeking hard working, motivated, and well-organized individuals with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations.
- Develop and manage planning system strategies to improve signals across the supply chain.
- Manage the daily operational processes and eliminate potential supply chain failures as part of the daily planning process.
- Coordinate import and export processes and ensure compliances with regulatory policies to achieve JIT delivery.
- Manage end-to-end purchasing strategies and processes that capitalize on risk mitigation opportunities and savings for the business.
- Build strong supplier network and relationship that encourages a high level of supplier collaboration and delivery.
- Identify potential supply chain failures as part of the planning process and mitigate associated risks.
- Engage in cross-functional and cross-business unit interactions to ensure a dependable and efficient demand management whilst mitigating mid-term supplier or customer constraints.
- Buying competitively (by keeping abreast of forces of supply and demand that regulate prices and availability of materials) and wisely (involve constant search for better values that yields the best combination of price, quality, and services.
- Answer inquiry on equipment and material availability, delivery times, and status of orders so that inquiries are dealt with promptly and accurately.
- Analyse & interpret KPIs and operational trends to identify areas for improvement & develop corrective action plans.
- Ensure data integrity of all analytics and reports.
- Ensure accurate documentation process and record keeping in compliance to DPS retention policy.
- Evaluate 3PL’s performance through consistent monitoring of on time pick up, transit time and on time delivery measures, to ensure fulfilment according to published schedule and rated cost.
- Manage and coordinate movement and travel of staff within Nigeria.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Management, or its equivalent with additional professional qualifications in Supply Chain Management.
- 8 years Supply Chain experience with at least 5 years in procurement and logistics operation.
- English (with good communication skills and accurate reporting skills).
- Proactive self-starter and pays attention to details.
- Self-motivated and demonstrate a sense of ownership with high level of commitment and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Passionate leader with excellent team leadership skills.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands, passion for renewable energy.
Competency and Skills Requirement:
- Ability to Instil trust – Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Supplier Contract Development & Supplier Relationship Management & Risk Management Intellectual Property Management and Purchasing Ethics.
- Good knowledge of importation and exportation processes.
- Must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint in particular) and ERP systems.
- Client focus: the ability to identify, meet and sometimes exceed the needs and expectations of (external or internal) clients, resulting in (long-term) client satisfaction
- Agility: the ability to be flexible, responsive, adaptive, and show initiative in times of change, uncertainty and business opportunity.
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with international group of colleagues.
- Unlimited career opportunities – depending on achievements and personal development.
- A competitive salary and benefits package with long term prospect in a fast-growing company.
Closing Date:16th January, 2021
Method of Application