The Oyo State Agency for the Control of AIDS has received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) towards financing the second HIV Programme Development Project in the State. The objective of the project is to reduce the risk of HIV infection by scaling up prevention interventions and to increase access to and utilization of HIV counseling, testing, care and support services in the State.
In realizing the above stated objectives, the Agency now invites application from interested individuals to fill the above stated vacant post of Procurement Officer for effective and efficient project implementation in the State.
The main responsibilities and qualification requirements for the post is presented below;
- Preparation and development of annual Project Procurement plans and contract monitoring as it
relates to HIV/AIDS project implementation.
- Preparation and issuance of solicitation documentation to vendors in form of Standard Bidding Document (SBD) for supply of goods, Terms of Reference (TOR) for Consultancy services and facilitation of preparation of Bill of Quantities (BOQ) for civil works as it relates to project implementation.
- Receive, review, reject or process approved capital requisitions.
- Evaluate offers in collaboration with relevant agencies and departments and provide recommendations for award of contracts.
- Issuance of Purchase Orders and managing contract agreements, reviewing and processing all open purchase orders, modify or cancel a purchase orders, partially or totally as may be required.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation on all solicitations, responses, purchases, contracts, correspondence and related follow-up.
- Prepare consultations and organize seminars and advocacy meetings with partners and other relevant stakeholders.
- Provide technical support in the areas of project procurements by assisting the Project grantees in developing procurement plans, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of procurement activities.
- Preparation and Submission of quarterly and annual reports of project procurement activities to NACA Office and World Bank Country Office, Abuja, Nigeria
- A minimum of University degree or HND in Business Administration, Purchasing and Supply,
Science or any other social sciences. Master’s
- Degree in any related discipline is an added advantage.
- At least a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Procurement activities especially in government
system or donor funded projects.
- Also required is experience working with CSOs and World Bank funded projects in HIV/AIDS or other health or development project.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with high level of proficiency in computer packages and statistical software such as MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint,
Method of Application
Interested Applicants should send their Application Letters with comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and three (3) copies of Credentials to the Office of the Director of Administration, Oyo State Agency for the Control of AIDS, Agodi, Ibadan; from 12 to 26 March, 2015; between the hours of 8.00am and 4.00pm (Monday to Friday). Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. Applicants are advised to provide their functional e-mails addresses and mobile phone numbers on their application letters as well as names, addresses and phone numbers of three professional and academic referees.
Oyo State Agency for the Control of AIDS,
No.8, Government House Road,
Closing Date: 26/03/2015