Professional Chefs: Pastry, Sweets & Deserts, African, Asian, Continental & Mediterrean Cuisine in Group of Companies
(Lagos & Port Harcourt)
This position is responsible for preparing and ensuring quality of food and snack served delivered to customers at the highest standards of quality and excellence. S/he will collaborate with other members of the team to develop recipes and menus, taking into account customers choice, police sensitivity and expected quality of customers of food/snack. In addition to the above, s/he will participate in planning, budgeting and purchasing of all food ingredients and conform to health and safety standards. Chefs applying for this role must have experience in working in a commercial kitchen.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Candidates applying for this position must be a professional chef in at least one of the specialist role highlighted above.
- S/he must have a minimum experience in working in a large commercial kitchen of a 5 star or 4 star hotel or restaurant for a continuous period of at least 3 years or cooking for a large group setting; with experience of recipe and menu development.
- This position requires individuals with high standards of hygiene, sensitive palate and creativity in presentation of meals and menu development
- Excellent costing processes and techniques, customer service skills and interpersonal skills is mandatory for this job.
- A degree qualification in Catering or trainings – in areas of Catering, Cookery and HSE will be an added advantage.
- Candidates applying for this position must indicate their area of specialty.
- Practical tests will be conducted.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send a copy of their CV and a one-page supporting letter explaining why they are the best fit for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates should include their choice of location boldly on their CV. Applicants who failed to do so, will not be shortlisted.
Closing Date: 06/02/2015