Benson Idahosa University is one of the foremost Private Universities in Nigeria licensed by the Federal Government of Nigeria in February 2002. The Vision of the University flows from the divine mandate of raising academics, professionals and entrepreneurs committed to changing Nigeria for the better.
Applications from suitably qualified candidates with a track record of achievements are invited for the following Teaching and Non-Teaching Positions.
Faculty of Engineering
Professor/Associate Professor of Engineering
The Benson Idahosa University will establish a Faculty of Engineering commencing 2015/2016 academic session. In view of this, the University intends to employ a Professor of Engineering as Dean of the Faculty of Engineering to drive the process of establishment.
- Earned Ph.D degree in Engineering
- Engineering Professor in Agricultural, Civil Electrical/Electronics/Computer or Mechanical Engineering or any of their variants.
- Must have held senior administrative position in universities as Dean or Head of Department.
- High academic visibility at both national and international levels.
- Ability to attract research funds and forge collaborations with other institutions/organizations.
- Uphold strong Christian values.
- Be of high Integrity, honest, forthright and upright.
Conditions of Services
Similar to conditions of service in Nigerian Universities. However, a special incentive is attached to this position for enhanced performance to achieve the purpose of the appointment.
Method of Application
- Interested candidates for either position who meet the conditions stated above should submit copies of their application and comprehensive current Curriculum Vitae duly signed and dated, by email.
- The Curriculum Vitae must include:
- The candidate’s name in full
- Place and date of birth
- State of origin
- Home address
- Contact address –including e-mail and telephone number)
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children (if any)
- Institutions attended with dates
- Academic qualifications
- Administrative experience with dates/membership of professional bodies
- Present employment, including present status and salary
- Names and address of three referees
- The application for the position of Registrar must also include a statement of the candidate’s vision for the University in the next five years, in not more than 600 words
- Candidates must request their referees to forward references on them in a sealed envelopes marked “Referee Report” with the name of the candidate underneath directly to the Vice Chancellor by Courier Service. Such referees should be able to attest to the candidate’s claim to higher academic and managerial capabilities as well as the candidate’s moral uprightness.
- In addition, candidates should submit by Courier Service under Confidential Cover 10 hard copies of their applications and curriculum vitae in an envelope marked “Post of Registrar” and “Post of Professor of Engineering, Benson Idahosa University” to arrive at the Office of the Vice Chancellor, Benson Idahosa University, P.M.B. 1100, Benin City, Nigeria, on or before March 4, 2015.
Only the applications of short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.
Note: Benson Idahosa University is an equal opportunity employer.
Prof, Ernest B. Izevbigie, FNAI
Closing Date: 04/03/2015