Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Coordination Consultant
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Classification: Short Term
Level of Effort: 3 months and can be extended
Scope of Work (SOW)
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by Consultant to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc.
- The objective of this billable short-term assignment is to serve as the Program Coordination Consultant for the USAID Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) – Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) project
- The Program Coordination Consultant will support the coordination of efforts across all teams on the Project to ensure that the program’s goals are achieved, and objectives are accomplished within stipulated timeframes.
The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Interface with RMs to identify issues, requiring TA, analyze them, segment them into technical areas requiring assistance and provide recommendations
- Work with the DCDs Technical and Program Operations to identify technical skills available to meet Project needs
- Develop Quarterly TA mobilization plan based on needs from States and Technical leads in Abuja
- Review All training plans to ensure the goals and objectives are clear, the target audience is identified, and a training module is prepared. Will also ensure reporting of all trainings
- Provide EMT and SMT technical needs brief on monthly basis
- Work closely with the PMU to facilitate STTA processes in collaboration with operations Support planning and coordination of program activities
- Follow-up with STTAs to ensure the submission of their reports and coordinate feedback
- Liaise with the PMU to maintain budget and track expenditures / transactions
- Work with Directors to consolidate input on the workplan for each Financial Year
- Manage communications in liaising with the KMC team on media relations, social media etc.
- Help build positive relations within the team and external parties
- Develop a data base of consultants with specialized expertise in strategic areas for the project
- Ensure implementation of policies and practices in accordance with client requirements
Supervision of Consultant:
- The Program Coordination Consultant will report to DCD Program Operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND or equivalent in Public Administration, Public Health, Social Sciences, Management, or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of project management or relevant work experience providing program support in health-related programs (with an international NGO preferred).
- Excellent computer skills – good knowledge of MS Office applications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with a USAID funded contract or grant is a significant plus.
- Able to understand and follow specific instructions with a keen attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing in English.
- Demonstrated ability to follow standard practices and procedures, receive general instruction and supervision on work progress, and make significant contribution to end results.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in problem-solving and initiative to learn new skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability and willingness to travel outside Abuja
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and to meet demanding timelines
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong program development/management background
- Ability to work independently and to follow through on commitments
- Demonstrate good time management skills
- Ability to identify and resolve problems, and to make timely decisions
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Effective communication skills, both in written and oral form
- Adaptable to change; ability to be flexible with duties and hours
- Exhibit initiative and resourcefulness
- Fluency in English is required.
Closing Date: Not Specified.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online