Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Program Coordinator
Job Ref.: req7924
Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time Consultant
Program: HP+ Nigeria Sustainable Health Financing of HIV/AIDS and TB Programs at National and Subnational Levels
Reports to: Technical Director
Project Overview and Role
Health Policy Plus (HP+) is a USAID-funded five-year $185 million project awarded to Palladium in August 2015. HP+ has a mandate across global, country, and subnational levels to strengthen and advance health policy priorities in HIV, family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH), and maternal health.
It aims to improve the enabling environment for equitable and sustainable health services, supplies, and delivery systems through policy development and implementation, with an emphasis on voluntary, rights-based health programs, and by strengthening in-country partners’ capacity to navigate complex environments for effective policy design, implementation, and financing aligned to their priorities.
HP+ provides technical assistance to governments, civil society, and the private sector to effectively engage in domestic resource mobilization (DRM), put in place sustainable financing and accountability mechanisms, and make progress toward global, national, and subnational health goals.
HP+ has been engaged by the USAID Nigeria Office to conceptualize and design activities to improve sustainable financing for Human Immunodeficiency Virus / Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (HIV / AIDS) and tuberculosis (TB) programs at the national level and in two USAID priority states – Lagos and Kano
These activities will span an initial period of 2 years, will continue efforts started by the Health Finance and Governance (HFG) project and complement current Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV and AIDS Services (SIDHAS) and Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector (SHOPS) Plus projects’ activities.
- The Program Coordinator will be a full-time consultant position based in the Abuja office and responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of technical activities by providing logistical support and coordinating programmatic information for the HP+ Nigeria activities on Sustainable Health Financing of HIV / AIDS and TB Programs
- S/he works closely with the Abuja-based Technical Director, Technical Advisors, as well as the state teams in Kano and Lagos
- The Program Coordinator will support all aspects of the project intervention through ensuring smooth preparation and proper documentation of all activities both at the central office in Abuja and in the field offices and supporting to ensure delivery of outputs per project workplan.
- Assist in effective planning and monitoring of project activities; Support work-planning for project activities; develop and maintain activity tracking sheets to ensure activities are on track and on budget; Support the technical team to ensure that the programme activities are delivered on budget.
- Assist and support Technical Advisors and State Coordinators as required, effective management of technical support functions to maximise impact and responsiveness.
- Serve as a resource to and operational liaison for field offices and/or headquarters regarding project activities, as necessary.
- Assist in the management of consultants and other STTAs to ensure access to relevant resources and project documents.
- Assist in planning project coordination meetings and track implementation of agreed action points.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly project reports and document success stories and lessons learned
- Actively participate in all work plan meetings, trainings, and programme activities in general
- Participate in design, preparation and facilitation of workshops and roundtable engagements with stakeholders as necessary.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Technical Director and Country Director.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Public Health, Economics, Statistics, or other related discipline. Master’s preferred.
- At least 3 years’ work experience with demonstrated expertise in project management.
- Sound understanding of TB, HIV epidemic and programs in Nigeria.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc).
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fluency and excellent English writing, communication and reporting skills.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and resourcefulness.
Closing Date: 1st May, 2020