The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Administrative Assistant (MIRAC)
SVN No.: SVN2019.83
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Organizational Unit: FMM
IOM Classification: G4
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) 6 months with possibility of extension
SVN No.: SVN2019.83
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Programme Coordinator, the Administrative Assistant will provide all administrative and support functions of IOM Nigeria’s collaboration and liaison with the ECOWAS Commission.
CoreFunctions / Responsibilities
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the overall IOM Nigeria/ECOWAS collaboration and cooperation initiatives;
- Provide administrative support for internal and external meetings/workshops/trainings among the different components of IOM/ECOWAS projects. Liaise with relevantECOWAS Directorates for organization of field visits and meetings at project sites.
- Prepare travel authorizations, flights, airport transfers and arrangements for meetings, workshops, conferences, track and prepare itinerary, prepare associated documentations, facilitate visa application for staff and consultants when needed. Ensure that travel advances are settled in a timely manner.
- Maintain a tracking sheet for consultancies and ensure that payments are made in a timely manner, in coordination with Resource Management Unit.
- Prepare and track all Purchase Request Forms (PRFs) for IOM/ECOWAS activities.
- Systematic filing of all IOM/ECOWAS programme documents and correspondences.
- Prepare minute of meetings and reports during regular IOM/ECOWAS meetings.IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
- Act as the IOM/ECOWAS focal point for liaising with other administrative units in IOM like Procurement, Finance, Transport and Human Resources.
- Suggest improvements to strengthen existing internal controls in order to safeguard project resources.
- Ensure compliance of project expenditure and procurement under IOM rules and regulations.
- Assist in reviewing invoices presented for payment processing.
- Preparation of communication related requests for all staff, pertinent to IOM/ECOWAS activities.
- Procure and keep track of all assets, under IOM/ECOWAS implementation relationships.
- Travel to the field as and when required.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Business Administration, Finance/Accounting Degree or equivalent;
- Postgraduate qualification in Business Administration is an added advantage.
- Previous experience in common services or a related function preferably with an international organization is an added advantage.
- Previous experience in working in project administrative functions in humanitarian organisation is an added advantage.
- English and/or French, previous experience in humanitarian work.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – Behavioural Indicators Level 1:
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner;is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Internals of the Organization and NMS candidates, as well as external female candidates, will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
- The appointment is subject to funding confirmation
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Closing Date: 14th July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications via email to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a Cover Letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line “SVN2019.83 Project Administrative Assistant (MIRAC) G4”
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV)
- This position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.