Pivotage Consulting – Our client, a Real Estate Investment and Development company with main focusin Africa, is currently seeking to grow its team by hiring an experienced personnel to provide support for a project near completion in the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Job Ref.: HCC / 005 / PRM
Type: Contract (3 – 6 months)
Job Category: Experienced
Summary / Objective
- The Project Manager will be responsible for the overall coordination of the project, ensuring the management of time and resources towards the timely completion of the project.
- Collaborating with engineers, architects etc. to determine the specifications of the project.
- Completing detailed examinations of design plans and ensuring specifications uphold the highest possible standards for quality (e.g. ensuring construction documents are of complete detail and scope to address critical issues such as code compliance, constructability, noise transmission, waterproofing, etc.).
- Monitoring and Managing the project schedule throughout the pre-construction and construction periods by overseeing the third-party General Contractor and coordinating project interactions and schedules with both internal departments and external consultants (e.g. Architect or BIM consultant).
- Performing additional duties and handling projects as assigned by the Development Director; achieve regular attendance in conformity with standards.
- Negotiating contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements.
- Obtaining permits and licenses from appropriate authorities.
- Determining needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met.
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies.
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities.
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports.
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications and Requirments
- Bachelor’s Degree required with preference given to Construction Management, Structural / Civil Engineering, Building Construction or Architecture
- Experience in construction management, project management; with preference given to commercial and/or residential multifamily developments
- 7+ years related experience in construction.
- Track record of proven techniques and practices of project management and construction supervision over various aspects of design and construction phases for relevant projects.
- Successful start to end completion of large-scale project.
- Must be able to read and interpret plans, specifications, BOQs.
- Must be able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Background in reviewing Architectural and Engineering drawings to ensure specifications and regulations are followed is preferred.
- Must be able to manage budgets, timelines and construction schedules with an extreme attention to detail, and grade a quality
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Must have the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, employees and management
- Must possess good business judgment; an understanding of legal issues and contracts
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, residents, and the general public.
- Computer proficient in Windows, MS Program, Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, AutoCAD and the Internet. Ability to type 40+ wpm.
- Must be able to effectively supervise outside vendors in a manner that supports the firm’s goals, timeframes and expectations. This includes demonstrated acumen in negotiation of contracts and terms
- Knowledge of construction procedures, building codes, construction procedures, estimating and scheduling practices.
- Ability to accommodate changing priorities and manage expectations accordingly.
Closing Date: 30th April, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV only to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Project Manager” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Please ensure CV is in MS Word format only.