Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Risk Management Engineer
Ref Id: 117351BR
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full Time
Skill pool: Project Engineering
- To contribute to the delivery and maintenance of standard, consistent and realistic risk management plan, system and register for each project, as well as conducting probabilistic cost and schedule risk analyses.
- Establish and maintain risk management system: Sound understanding of and ability to apply both qualitative and quantitative Risk Management theories, tools and techniques. Identify appropriate responsible parties for risk ownerships and allocate register entries. Structure and populate the risk management tool, enable user training and establish/implement the process for regular status reviews.
- Assist in performing Probabilistic Cost & Schedule Risk Analysis- Build simplified project schedule model, map the Technical, Economic, Commercial, Organisational and Political (TECOP) parameters and Opportunity/Risk Register entries to the model elements, and quantify these impacts into duration/ cost ranges (jncluding the unknown unknowns). Assess and establish appropriate probability distributions for each element. Analyse and iterate the model output and develop overview presentation material to explain the results and key schedule risk areas.
- Develop overview reports of risk/opportunity status for management. implement and manage risk management plans utilizing Company’s risk management standards
- Maintain and manage risk registers. Present risk management status to Project Leadership Team & generate monthly risk management reports
- Interface with project team members to discuss and challenge risk status and close out references.
- Interpret and explain Cost Schedule & Risk Analysis output to Project Leadership and Review teams
- Engineering Degree and/or Certification as a Risk Management Professional or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 8 years industry experience as Risk Management Professional.
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Experience facilitating risk / opportunity brainstorming workshops
- Fully versed with Project Risk Tools, i.e. EasyRisk (currently Company Standard), Primavera Risk Analysis, @Risk and/or Crystal Ball.
- Project experience with engineering, constructions and/or commissioning activities from major upstream or downstream projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management principles. PMP certification is desirable, but not required.
- Must have a “Team attitude”, be self-motivated and be willing to support other groups and projects when required.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment among multiple projects and ability to support ad-hoc requests.
- Ability to actively engage project team members and to promote our services to new customers.
- Experience in managing small teams of junior personnel.
- Frequent travel may be required.
Closing Date: 20th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
- Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
- The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
- Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.