- A good honours degree from a recognized University. The possession of relevant higher degree or post-graduate professional qualification in appropriate fields would be an advantage.
- Professional leadership experience in administration, not lower than the rank of Deputy Registrar, In a university setting or similar institution.
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern electronic, student, and staff record storage, retrieval and delivery systems.
- Demonstrated abilities to lead project teams in a complex environment that involve technology, personnel and end-users.
- Knowledge of the policies and workings of the University regulatory bodies .i.e. National Universities Commission. (NUC), Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), and National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).
- Be a person with strong spiritual (Christian) testimony.
- Uphold strong Christian values.
- Be of high integrity, honest, forthright and upright.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus and foster team work among a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills·
- Strong interpersonal skills – enabling successful relationships with Students, Staff, Parents and other stakeholders.
- Strong computer skills: possess strong knowledge of Student Information Systems.
- Thorough understanding of university policies and academic regulations.
- Ability to solve problems thoughtfully and effectively.
- Maintain confidentiality In all matters where it is required
- Uphold a high level of precision in detail work, ensuring that staff and student records are maintained, and reports are created in an accurate manner.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work independently and produce results.
Conditions of Services
The successful candidate shall hold the Office of the Registrar for a period of five years subject to satisfactory annual performance. Remuneration and other terms and conditions are very attractive.
Method of Application
- Interested candidates for either position who meet the conditions stated above should submit copies of their application and comprehensive current Curriculum Vitae duly signed and dated, by email.
- The Curriculum Vitae must include:
- The candidate’s name in full
- Place and date of birth
- State of origin
- Home address
- Contact address –including e-mail and telephone number)
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children (if any)
- Institutions attended with dates
- Academic qualifications
- Administrative experience with dates/membership of professional bodies
- Present employment, including present status and salary
- Names and address of three referees
- The application for the position of Registrar must also include a statement of the candidate’s vision for the University in the next five years, in not more than 600 words
- Candidates must request their referees to forward references on them in a sealed envelopes marked “Referee Report” with the name of the candidate underneath directly to the Vice Chancellor by Courier Service. Such referees should be able to attest to the candidate’s claim to higher academic and managerial capabilities as well as the candidate’s moral uprightness.
- In addition, candidates should submit by Courier Service under Confidential Cover 10 hard copies of their applications and curriculum vitae in an envelope marked “Post of Registrar” and “Post of Professor of Engineering, Benson Idahosa University” to arrive at the Office of the Vice Chancellor, Benson Idahosa University, P.M.B. 1100, Benin City, Nigeria, on or before March 4, 2015.
Only the applications of short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.
Note: Benson Idahosa University is an equal opportunity employer.
Prof, Ernest B. Izevbigie, FNAI
Closing Date: 04/03/2015