IITA is an international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R40 approach is anchored on the development needs of tropical nations. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 190 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa. Please visit http://www:iita.org/ for more information on IITA.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian Nationals for the position below at the Institute’s Headquarters, Ibadan and its station in Kano
Research Associate Job in IITA
2 year renewable contract
Location: Biu, Borno State reporting to IITA, Kano
- Successful candidate will among other things perform the following:
- Establish and maintain field experiments.
- Supervise field and laboratory staff.
- Undertake data management, analysis and contribute to reporting of research outputs.
- Support project staff to meet reporting and monitoring and evaluation requirements of the project activities.
- Facilitate all aspects of the project’s operations and management of logistics.
- Support the training of students and visiting trainees.
- Carry out any other task assigned by the Supervisor
- M.Sc. in Plant Science, Agronomy, Crop Science or any related discipline with at least 2 years of relevant experience in a similar position
- The ideal candidate must:
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Have good communication skills
- Possess good computer skills and be able to use statistical analysis systems such as SAS,
Genstat and Excel.
- Possess a valid Driver’s license
- Experience with and proven skills in the accurate implementation and conduct of field trials,
collection and analysis of weed and agronomic data as well as socio-economic; data in field trials.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website: http://www.iita.org/careers no later than Two Weeks from the date of this publication. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must’ include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
IITA is all equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
Closing Date: 03/03/2015