2 year renewable contract
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist with coordinating microbiology activities in the lab
- Assist with proper data entry in lab books and on pathology network
- Conduct laboratory, screenhouse and field experiments with scientists
- Assist with culture/isolate storage appropriately
- Prepare draft standard operating protocols for laboratory methods with scientists
- Provide assistance/guidance to visiting students/scientists
- Assist with preparing draft reports on time
- Conduct other assignments as assigned
- BSc/HND in Microbiology/Plant Pathology/Crop Protection. At least four (4) years experience in a microbiology research laboratory
Skills & Abilities
- Experience in Aspergillus microbiology research
- Experience in analytical soft wares especially SAS and other MS Office packages
- Ability to analyze data, prepare tables and write short reports.
- Able to build, coordinate and work in teams
- Able to follow instructions and work independently where necessary
- Good interpersonal relations
- Good organizational, communication skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Available to work outside office hours and for extended hours where necessary
- Available to travel where necessary
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website: http://www.iita.org/careers no later than Two Weeks from the date of this publication. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must’ include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
IITA is all equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
Closing Date: 03/03/2015