The Safety and Security Officer will work closely with the National Safety & Security Manager to carry out safety and security assessments, make recommendations and provide support for their implementation of SCI Programs in Nigeria. The Safety & Security Officer will facilitate the implementation of Save the Children’s Safety and Security Policy and Standards within country programmes and help drive systemic change in the quality of safety and security management and contribute to building country compliance with safety and security Minimum Standards. She/he will also take forward the organisational security ethnics. While on assignment the post holder will play a key role in the capacity building of Safety and Security Focal Points.
- Candidate should have a formal security qualification or advanced security management training and
mode of operation of NGOs;
- s/he must have a minimum of 3 years field based experience in complex and insecure settings, experience in liaising with civilian, police and military government authorities, experience of incident reporting, incident mapping, intelligence collation and analysis functions, compilation of security reports and assessments;
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours. and work with incoming surge teams in the event of emergencies;
- Experience in providing safety & security trainings such as personal safety & security, fire safety, and first aid;
willingness to work and travel in often difficult and insecure environments;
- S/he should have a high level of IT expertise;
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigeria-the Northern States
Method of Application
Kindly send your C.V and qualifying statements on or before 31″ March 2015 explaining why
you are suitable to Nigeriavacancy@savethechildren.org. State position clearly in the subject field
as applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified. Also, applications received after
the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that applications will be treated as they are received and only
shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In order to apply for more great opportunities, please visit our website on www.savethechildren.net/jobs.
For more information and to support our work. please visit our website on
Our selection processes reflect our commitment to safeguard children from abuse. Our
people are as diverse as the challenges we face.
Closing Date: 31/03/2015