Job Title Sales Representative
Reports to Sales Team Lead
Department Sales and Marketing
We are looking for a competitive Pharmaceutical Sales Representative who can thrive in a fast-paced business environment. The Pharmacy Sales Rep will act as the key link between our company and healthcare professionals/ organizations and you will aim at meeting sales targets. As a Pharmaceutical Sales Rep, your goal is to increase the visibility and awareness of our company’s pharmaceutical and medical products and maximize sales growth. Experience in the Nigeria pharmaceutical industry is a must.
Essential Job Duties
• Identify, develop, and evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of company’s objective, market characteristics, and cost and markup factors.
• Use sales forecasting and strategic planning to ensure the sale and profitability of product lines, or services, analyzing business developments and monitoring market trends.
• Formulate, direct and coordinate marketing activities and policies to promote products and services.
• Initiate market research studies and analyze their findings.
• Conduct economic and commercial surveys to identify potential markets for products and services.
• Monitor and analyze data and market conditions to identify competitive advantage
• Keep accurate records and documentation for reporting and feedback
• Build effective business relationships with health care partners and customers
• Develop strategies to approach potential customers and increase sales
• Organize and execute sales presentations
• Maintain detailed records of all contacts and meetings and creating reports on regular basis
• keeping current with the competition’s products, service offerings and activity
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with relevant company support departments
Soft Skills/ Competencies
• Interpersonal and communication skills
• Persuasive ability
• Planning and organizing skills
• Problem-analysis and problem-solving skills
• Judgment and decision-making skills
• Negotiation skills
• Presentation skills
Qualities you should have
• In-depth industry and product knowledge and understanding including keeping abreast of current developments in their area of expertise
• Persuasive and sales skills including the ability to determine customer needs and concerns, to determine the appropriate approach to the situation and to gain commitment
• Communication skills including active listening and questioning skills and the ability to express oneself clearly and concisely
• Organizational skills including planning, prioritizing, scheduling and time management
• Tenacity and resilience including the ability to overcome obstacles to accomplish sales objectives, to make repeated attempts to reach sales objectives and to stay motivated in the face of disappointment and rejection
• Minimum of two (3-4) years post-graduate experience with a minimum of one (2) year in a similar position
• A good first degree in pharmaceutical science, Microbiology or related field
• He / She must be ready to work with minimal supervision.
• Able to design and implement cost effective go to market strategy
• Outstanding verbal and written communication, negotiation and sales skills
• Goal-Oriented, committed and relentless approach to work
• Strong network within the Pharmaceutical industry is required
• Proven work experience as a Pharmaceutical Rep or in Medical Sales
• Ability to apply research, databases, statistics, product lines and market trends for decision making.
• Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Knowledge of MS Office
• Proven ability to promote and sell products and services
We offer a competitive salary and a fun, fast-paced and continues growth work environment
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: email@example.com clearly indicating the SALES REP as subject of your mail.
Closing Date: 24th November, 2020