Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Intelligence Analyst
Job ID: 117341BR
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Security Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for collecting and collating all available security related information with the objective of identifying trends and threats that may impact SPDC assets and operations in its areas of operations and analyzing same for the provision of timely tactical and strategic intelligence in support of Company Operations.
- Research, evaluate and analyze security information from diverse sources to support security decision making;
- Preparing actionable security reports, including Threat Assessments (TAs), updates, conduct Security Risk Assessment (SRAs) and threat updates for Security leadership;
- Research and evaluate information derived from multiple sources, select essential elements, and correlate new information with existing information;
- Compile information, analyse findings, make interpretations, and write comprehensive reports;
- Provide regular threat updates to include general summary, key events, threat trends, change in threat and threat assessment.
- Draft intelligence reports; prepare graphs, charts, tables and other visualisation vehicles to present data.
- Conduct background research activities on relevant players as well as the drivers of security-related events.
- Provide threat assessment input to security activity plans for projects and production activities.
- Maintain an in-depth and current knowledge of the political and security environment in the Shell Operational areas eco-system
- A University bachelor’s degree (minimum of 2nd Class Lower)
- 7 to 12 years of relevant work experience preferably from Security Services organizations
- Security certification such as Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Physical Security Professional (PSP), Professional Certified Investigator (PCI) is desirable
- Supervision and managing small teams in high risk security environment
- Experience working in an Oil and Gas Industry is desirable
- Knowledge of research methods and techniques. Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and evaluate research findings and recommendations.
- Excellent Communication skills (written and verbal) and Information Technology skills
- Ability to organize and present accurate information in a logical sequence using textual vehicles, graphs, charts, tables and other illustrative devices.
- Ability to handle and exploit information sources.
- Knowledge of corporate and industrial security gained through work experience in either an international or local environment.
- Background in intelligence, at both tactical and strategic levels is essential.
- Sound knowledge of security and broader dimensions in the Onshore and Offshore environment
- Experience of Risk Assessment and Risk Management best practice would be advantageous.
Closing Date: 24th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online