Incumbent will coordinate and provide technical assistance for all Advocacy & SBC activities as part of the program. Provide technical assistance in the design, implementation and evaluation of SSC/Community Mobilization activities. Coordinates the adaptation/development of IEC/media materials for the program and also work closely with the various sub-grantees to design and deliver communications interventions for behavior change to target groups. I Provide technical support to build the capacity of local sub-grantees; work with CBOs and other staff to facilitate the transfer of skills to people living with HIV/AIDS and their families for prevention, support and care. Assist in the application of program evaluation results, Newsletters, maintain communication websites, and prepare reports..
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- A degree in public health, behavioral sciences, health communications, health promotion and education,
or related field (or its equivalent)
- At least 4 years’ post NYSC working experience in supporting SBCC/IEC programs and health promotion and health education.
- Experience in behavioral based strategic information (SI)
- Ability to apply research to health initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative programs, networks, linkages with clients and collaborating
- Familiarity with USAID programs highly desired
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and make reasoned judgments in a timely fashion
- All positions require proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, computer applications and Internet/Emails.
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills are essential
- Significant amounts of travel may be involved
- Commitment to and understanding of organization’s vision, values and principles including rights-based/gender approaches would be expected.
Terms of Employment
- The organization offers highly competitive salary packages for all positions.
- Appointment for these positions will be subject to a probationary period; and local terms and conditions are applicable.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply by email with CV and a suitability statement as Microsoft Word attachments to the specified emails indicated for each vacancy position (listed against each position/job location) not later than two weeks from the date of this publication. The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE and LOCATION applied for and the applicant’s full name e.g. Admin Associate Kaduna Kelvin Mohammed. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 02/04/2015