Functional Area: Business Development- Flow Control.
Reports To: Business Development Manager.
Overall Purpose of the Job
- Developing Business and Sales of Valves, Fittings, instrumentation and Hoses to clients in the upstream sector of Nigeria’s Oil and Gas industry
- In-depth understanding and hands-on application of valves, fittings, instrumentation and hoses.
- Meet safes target
- Identify application areas on client sites and make appropriate proposal on the benefits and usage of the products and services.
- Identify and recommend as most appropriate, technical assistance for key customers.
- Prospect for and acquire new and financially viable high volume customers
- Prepare and make effective product presentations to clients.
- Gather new intelligence-for the preparation of reports, tenders and presentations
that will win the company contracts in on-going and up-coming projects.
- Define strategy for relating with each customer group and create a Customer
- Relationship Plan per group.
- Understand full working of Joint Venture Partners and any new technology.
- Produce penetrating strategy for each OEM product.
- Prepare quarterly reports for OEMs.
- Collate client – specific intelligence on valves, fittings, instrumentations and hoses and produce weekly reports.
- Generate Work orders, Request for Quotation (RFQ) and Purchase Orders (PO) for valves, fittings, instrumentation and or hoses.
- Effectively manage each customer account to ensure sales targets are fully achieved
- Collate and communicate business intelligence on valves, fittings, instrumentation and hoses.
- Ensure full payment for all supplies and services
- Reconcile customers’ accounts and ensure proper documentation.
- Provide regular updates on plans and progress.
- Demonstrate consistent business development success and target –driven achievement
- A Mechanical Engineering/Electro-Mechanical Engineering graduate of a tertiary institution
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Business Development Technical Sales of valves, Fittings, instrumentation and hoses in the Upstream subsector of the oil and gas industry
- Intelligence gathering skills
- Good working knowledge of the Nigerian Oil industry (Upstream sector)
- Proven business contacts in the upstream sector of Nigeria’s oil and gas industry
- Proven track record of winning businesses and meeting set sales target on valves, fittings, instrumentation and hoses.
- Proven account management experience in the upstream sector of Nigeria’s Oil arid Gas industry.
- Good written, presentation and oral communication skills
- Proven experience of working with minimum supervision
Method of Application
Only candidates that meet the requirements for the advertised position should apply. Please forward a cover letter highlighting why you should be considered for the job and a recent copy of your CV electronically to: email@example.com. Make the reference number of the role you are applying for the subject of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 02/04/2015