Functional Areas: Business Development- Rotating Equipment.
Reports To: Business Development Manager
Overall Purpose of Job
- Business development and sales of pumps, compressors and or turbo machinery in the upstream sector of Nigeria’s Oil and Gas industry.
- In-depth understanding and hands-on application of pumps, Compressors and or turbo machinery products.
- Meeting set sales target
- Identify application areas of pumps, compressors and of turbo machinery on client sites and make appropriate proposal on the benefits and usage of the products and services.
- Identify and recommend as most appropriate, technical assistance for key customers.
- Prospect for and acquire new and financially viable high volume customers.
- Prepare and make effective product presentations on pumps, compressors and or turbo machinery to Clients.
- Define strategy for relating with each customer group and create a Customer Relationship Plan per group.
- Understand full working of Joint Venture Partners and any new technology.
- Produce penetrating strategy for each OEM product
- Prepare quarterly reports for OEMs.
- Collate client – specific intelligence and produce weekly reports.
- Generate Request for Quotation (RFQ) and Purchase Orders (PO) for pumps, compressors and or turbo machinery.
- Effectively manage each customer account to ensure sales targets are fully achieved.
- Collate and communicate business intelligence on pumps, compressors and or turbo machinery.
- Assist with the preparation of tenders.
- Ensure full payment for all supplies and services.
- Reconcile customers’ accounts and ensure proper documentation.
- Provide regular updates on plans and progress.
- Demonstrate consistent business development success and target – driven achievement
- A Mechanical Engineering graduate of a tertiary institution
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Business Development Technical Sales of pumps, compressors and or turbo machinery in the upstream subsector of Nigeria’s oil and gas industry
- Good working knowledge of the Nigerian Oil Industry (Upstream senor)
- Proven business contacts in the upstream sector of Nigeria’s Oil and Gas industry
- Proven track record of winning businesses for pumps, compressors and or turbo machinery
- Proven account management experience in the upstream sector.
- Good written, presentation and oral communication skills
- Proven experience of working with minimum supervision
Method of Application
Only candidates that meet the requirements for the advertised position should apply. Please forward a cover letter highlighting why you should be considered for the job and a recent copy of your CV electronically to: email@example.com. Make the reference number of the role you are applying for the subject of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 02/04/2015