The Caracal Oil & Gas Support Group is an offshore oilfield solutions group of companies established in 2013 with the vision to bring world class operating standards to support offshore West African oil and gas operators.
We are currently looking to engage experienced professionals to join us within the capacity below:
Job Title: Senior Crewing Manager
Job Roles and Functions
- The ideal candidate must be prepared to travel a limited number of days per year, as required to attend seminars, visit vessels or maintain interoffice relations. Should have relevant industry related experience preferably supplemented by relevant exposure to managerial positions and people management.
- The Senior Crewing Manager has the overall responsibility for crew planning and operation functions of seafarers, including all manning requirements of each individual vessel and seafarer, all being in compliance with the regulatory requirements, company and customer standards.
- Compliance with safe manning requirements and effective Crew planning and execution.
- Ensure and govern the coverage of adequate vessel manning allowing for sufficient experience, consistent teamwork and on-board performance capability along with succession planning and promotion preparedness in cooperation with the rest of the operation team
- Day to day Liaising with union and seafarers on matters of labour disputes .
- Responsible for inputs to budgeting/rolling forecast covering daily running costs for the vessels.
- Provide strategic inputs for projected recruitment requirements, in order to ensure coverage of a sustainable crew pool within the assigned fleet and the agreed manning factor.
- Ensure applications for required visa and work permit documentation to all new crew joining the fleet.
- Daily operational management of crewing matters in the designated area.
- Effectively manage adiverse crew pool,to ensure a sustainable manning factor
- Develop and expand company’s business through deployment of experience and resources. Requirements:
- Must have knowledge of and considerable experience in vessel management, HR and the maritime industry as a whole.
- Must be an efficient motivator and coach, able to encourage any trainees and effectively manage all crew
- Since crew management requires the organisation of schedules and long-term targets, the Senior Crewing Manager must be well organised and focused on achieving results.
- Successful candidate must be able to work underpressure and in time constraints, remaining composed and calm.
- Must be able to communicate competently, understanding the needs of others andanswering all queries efficiently.
- Should be proficient in Microsoft Office and any other software relevant to crew management.
- Graduate Degree in Engineering, Project Management + 12 years experience.
- Age 30-60.
Closing Date: 23rd July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org citing the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.