Incumbent will assist the Director of Subcontract and Finance to manage the budgetary aspects of programs which includes budget preparation, finalization, control and report. The incumbent will be responsible for budget preparation, expenditure monitoring and control in compliance with U.S. government financial/programmatic reporting requirements and organizational policies and procedures. He/she will work with Subcontracting unit to ensure sub budgets are prepared and monitored in financial compliance with federal and organizational regulations. Review and implement appropriate systems that provide for funds accountability and accurate charging against appropriate grants budget Provide periodic and adhoc budgetary and related financial reports per grant. Conduct financial analysis and prepare detailed budgetary reports and statements. Manage all budgetary aspects of accounting for the central and states offices, including the direct supervision of accounting personnel. Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or its recognized equivalent. CPA, ACA, ANAN or recognized equivalent professional qualifications will be an advantage
- At least 8 years’ post NYSC experience and professional qualification experience in budgeting, financial management and accounting, preferably with at least three years of NGO experience in a similar position in a CDC/USAID funded project
- Working knowledge of USG rules and regulations including HSS grant policy, 45 CFR 74, A 122 other donor regulations
- High level of attention to details in all aspects of work responsibilities and Independent judgment and discretion in completing assignments
- Strong experience in word processing and accounting spreadsheet software (Microsoft Word and Excel) including Tally ERP
- Excellent experience in financial systems and software
- Thorough knowledge of budgeting, budget oversight, and supervisory skills
- All positions require proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, computer applications and Internet/Emails.
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills are essential
- Significant amounts of travel may be involved
- Commitment to and understanding of organization’s vision, values and principles including rights-based/gender approaches would be expected.
Terms of Employment
- The organization offers highly competitive salary packages for all positions.
- Appointment for these positions will be subject to a probationary period; and local terms and conditions are applicable.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply by email with CV and a suitability statement as Microsoft Word attachments to the specified emails indicated for each vacancy position (listed against each position/job location) not later than two weeks from the date of this publication. The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE and LOCATION applied for and the applicant’s full name e.g. Admin Associate Kaduna Kelvin Mohammed. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 02/04/2015