Pact West Africa is a Non-Governmental Organization with over a decade of experience working in Nigeria to create thriving, resilient communities that are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact West Africa started operations as Pact Nigeria in 2005, and builds capacity of civil society organizations and improves the livelihoods and health of the poor and marginalized in the society. Pact has 46 staff in Nigeria. Pact is seeking a qualified consultant to facilitate a three-day team building exercise and tocompile a report outlining the workshop’s proceedings, including practical recommendations and operational tools which can be used by the team in the future.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Advisor
Job ID: 2020-1393
Program Delivery (PDEL) – Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The Program Delivery Team, contributes to realizing this purpose by: Forging smart partnerships and treating all people with dignity and respect; Applying organizational policies and regulatory compliance appropriately and consistently; Facilitating team spirit among colleagues and promoting the organization through communications; Influencing decision makers through focused, relevant communications; Continually striving to learn and share knowledge and find small ways to make the workplace more enjoyable for all; Cultivating and harvesting innovation; Contributing to the organization’s ability to think and act strategically at all times; Inspiring and spreading our desired organizational culture across the global enterprise.
- Reporting to the Chief of Party, the Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Advisor will develop and maintain systems to collect and analyze information on inputs, outputs, outcomes, and impact of the program.
- S/he will also conduct supportive supervisory visits to sub-grantees to observe, monitor, provide guidance and quality feedback on the use of data and lead all research activities.
- This is a local position and is contingent upon award.
- Design program-specific Performance Monitoring Plans as well as Monitoring and Evaluation Plans at Pact and partner levels.
- Responsible for the development of relevant M&E tools, formats, and the provision of technical training for Pact’s partner staff.
- Coordinate regular monitoring visits to partners and ensure the production of one consolidated report and agreed action plan for follow up response (inclusive of program, finance, grants).
- Monitor data collection, collation, storage, analysis, and reporting ensuring that data is audit worthy. Where problems exist support partners in the identification of solutions to challenges faced.
- Monitor data entry process and ensure program is utilizing Pact’s database.
- Responsible for reviewing regular program reports prepared by program staff for submission to USAID.
- Ensure program staff and senior management are using data collected to make informed and timely decisions related to program implementation
- Support program staff to implement their learning agenda (baseline, mid-term, final evaluations, etc.) This may include the identification of appropriate consultants to provide technical support.
- Contribute to program management through ongoing integration of M&E findings into program activities.
- Oversight of research staff conducting in-depth assessments of program activities.
- Master’s s degree in any of the following or related fields: Social Science, International Development, Evaluation Research, Statistics, or Economics
- At least six (6) years of progressively responsible experience in designing, managing, and implementing results-based MEL activities. Strong preference for those that have led MEL for USAID Democracy and Governance programs.
- Particular interest in candidates that have developed or overseen MEL frameworks for advocacy-focused projects and other initiatives driving non-linear change processes.
- Demonstrated relevant technical skills in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data, with excellent organizational as well as English oral and written communication skills
- Progressively responsible experience in monitoring and evaluation of democracy and governance programs, including working with development agencies and organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, program beneficiaries, and program staff.
- Extensive knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines, and tools for monitoring, evaluation, and learning, including impact evaluation.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills, and ability to work well on a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc., and the ability to use various commercially available statistical software programs.
Closing Date: Not Specified.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online