MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager, Enterprise Sales (South East)
Employment status: Permanent
Department: Enterprise Sales
- Direct ES Regional EBU Operations within the framework of an agreed sales strategy and meet operational targets for revenues, profitability and customer satisfaction and also manage and lead the regional sales managers towards sales and management of all sectors within assigned region to include Corporates, Small Medium Enterprises (SME), & Government.
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing the Division’s processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimization etc), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Participate in Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy.
- Serve MTN Business customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Partner effectively with MTN Business critical high value enterprise customers to enhance MTN Business Corporate Brand
- Develop strategies and champion customer centric culture across the organization and develop/reform relationships with MTN Business internal and external customers to transform the MTN Business revenue.
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
- Provide customer service and support on a bespoke basis to selected corporate accounts, with the service managers becoming active members of the virtual account teams under the matrix leadership of account managers.
- Ensure a consistent customer experience across all enterprise sectors.
- Partner with MTN Business Ecosystem Partners to deliver business value.
- Collaborate with other business units in the development of business models for use in MTNN and develop measurement strategies to support ongoing strategy development and project optimization.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Support the sale of complex communications solutions in large corporate customer organisations (consultative-based selling) by developing effective counterpart relationships.
- Provide leadership to the enterprise business unit team in the region.
- Ensure the achievement of the revenue, fixed, mobile and ICT revenue targets in the assigned region.
- Support the regional engine room – a platform for cross-functional integration and collaboration in the region.
- Drive execution of MTN Business strategic partnership with S&D and CR to leverage existing MTN Branded stores for sale of EBU products and solutions.
- Responsible for the regional opex and P&L.
- Ensure effective field coverage by both the direct and auxiliary sales force in the region and execution of go to market plans in the territory.
- Execute strategies and plans for enterprise business in the region for sustainable growth and development including ‘go-to-market’ plans for the full bouquet of MTN Business products and solutions.
- Ensure the achievement of revenue and sales target for both mobile and fixed in the region, in line with network capacity while driving increased contribution of fixed revenue to total regional performance.
- Liaise with enterprise marketing team to ensure all-time device availability
- Monthly, quarterly and yearly stock forecast for the region, across channels.
- Extract value from commercial activities including customer visits, business planning sessions and engagements
- Develop best-in-class processes and procedures for effective day-to-day sales operations which support the sale of enterprise solutions to corporate and SME customers.
- Effective Development and management of other sales channels, MTN stores and trade partners to deliver SME products and services.
- Manage the sales pay plan to ensure alignment of rewards with the targets and objectives that have been set, creating clear incentives and rewards for excellent performance.
- Provide systems engineering support for developing enterprise solutions as part of the sales proposal
- Define and agree a set of performance KPI targets and measures; regularly measure and report on sales performance against agreed KPI/targets
- Manage the end-to-end order management process, liaising with Customer Enablement and agreeing allocation of responsibilities
- Manage the CRM and integrated channel management operations on behalf of Enterprise Business.
- Provide project management for the implementation of complex enterprise solutions.
- Use relevant metrics and measures to routinely monitor progress against targets and take appropriate managerial action to ensure targets are met or exceeded.
- Manage pre-sales support using standard templates and procedures for proposal writing, contract management and sales governance.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Identify sales training and development needs and manage skills enhancement programmes for the virtual sales team to ensure enterprise sales targets are fully met.
- Responsible for crafting and implementing a developmental and coaching program for the regional sales teams
- Coach and train subordinates to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs and make recommendations to the Management for approval.
- Manage and deploy human/material resources for the achievement of departmental goals
- Provide technical, procedural and policy guidance.
- Manage labour relations issues (e.g. disciplinary hearings) together with Human Resources.
- Transfer knowledge and skills
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Local travel as required.
Requirements, Experience & Training
- 9-17 years work experience comprising:
- Manager track record of 3 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- Sales and Marketing experience in an FMCG environment & Services industry
- Telecoms experience would be an added advantage.
- Enterprise Sales Training
- Sales Pipeline Management
- Sales account management
- Sales channel management
- Programme and project management
- Customer relationship management
- Leadership management
- Business development
- Relationship management
- B.Arch, BA, B.Ed, B.Eng, B.Sc, B.Tech or HND
Closing Date: 28th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online