Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes Socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions, education and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi is an allied organization to Family Health International (FH1360) with co-existing and mutually supportive interest in advancing collective goals of the people and communities served. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
The Reading and Numeracy Activity (RANA) is DFID-funded through UNICEF on early primary grades reading pilot project implemented in partnership with FHI 360 in collaboration with the Niger, Kebbi & Katsina State governments. RANA aims to improve literacy and numeracy for girls and boys in primary grades 1-3 in the supported states. It will assist approximately 100 formal Schools and Integrated Qur’anic Schools (IQS) in each of the states.
We are seeking a qualified candidate for the position below:
Job Title: Senior Program Officer
Project: Global Funded
Contract Type: Fixed Term
As a member of the Program Management Team, supports the Zonal Team Lead in providing oversight, coordination, monitoring and reporting of all project activities in the assigned States, develop and oversee the execution of systems for the initiation, implementation, monitoring, amendment and closeout of all AHNI GF lAs’ sub-agreements, ensure that AHNI/GF delivers on all its promises to donors and other stakeholders (achieve set targets, deliver quality services)
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- BS / BA in Public Health, Business Administration, Health Sciences, Behavioural Sciences or its recognized equivalent with 7 – 9 years of relevant experience, with international development programs.
- Or MS / MA degree in Public Health, Business Administration, Health Sciences, Behavioural Sciences or its recognized equivalent with 5 – 7 years relevant experience with international development programs. Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
Closing Date: 1st May, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Resume (CV) and Cover Letter as a single document to: AHNI-Progmgtjobs@ahnigeria.org
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Only applications sent electronically (I.e. by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered.
- AHNI does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.