Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Project Engineer
Reference ID: 112256BR
Skillpool: Project Engineering
- Brownfield Project Engineer in the Bonga Asset Projects team reporting to the Bonga Asset Projects Portfolio Manager.
- Role is accountable to develop assigned projects from front end design, through detailed design to commissioning and closure. Adhering to Shell HSSE standards and to deliver within budget, schedule and quality requirements
- Managing delivery via contractors and resources drawn from the matrix organisation.
- The model to deliver these project will be typically via external contractor resources.
- Responsible for visible leadership in HSSE to drive Goal Zero.
- Demonstate high ethical standard
- Develop the scope of assigned projects and progress though the relevant decision gates including preparation of schedules and cost estimate. Projects are usually for topsides facilities.
- Development of contract strategy to execute the assigned scope. Sometime these will need a dedicated contract and thus role may require candicate to be responsible for managing the contract.
- Focus on interface management, interface controls and follow-up.
- Manage the relationships with various discipline engineers, contract packages and other stakeholders.
- Responsible for project controls and ensures that the Portfolio Manager is kept informed of the progress of the work and highlighting significant deviations from plans and providing proposals for remedial actions.
- Preparation of engineering package to define the scope appropriate for the project phase, inline with the expectation of fit-for-purpose project development and the team’s desire to move to top quartile brownfield performance.
- Development, review and approval of contractor quotations and monitoring of their costs.
- Must have a continuous improvement mindset.
- Make appropriate use of the expertise of Shell to ensure that the project quality and technical integrity requirements are met.
- Engagement with all local government agencies and regulatory authourities.
- Minimum 2nd Class Lower Degree in Engineering (B.Sc, B.Eng or higher) and at least 10 years experience in offshore oil & gas development, perferably FPSO experience.
- More than 3 years experience in project execution in the offshore or deepwater environment, including design, contracting, procurement, fabrication, offshore construction, commissioning, and start-up
- Have a qualification in Project Management.
- Registered with COREN
- High personal energy level and a proven track record in achieving stretched personal and business goals. Able to maintain composure under pressure.
- Skilled in presentation and communications
- Skill in MS Office applications and familiar with Primavera P6
- Strong interpersonal skills able to influence and and develop relationships across teams, and to deliver though others.
- Ability to work and manage in a diverse, multi-cultural environment.
Closing Date: 14th July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
- Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
- The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
- Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.