Sparkle Nigeria is a bank and then more, licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), we are what most people would refer to as a digital bank. We offer financial, lifestyle and business support services to Nigerians across the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer (Backend)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
About the Role
- Sparkle is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is skilled at writing complex applications, have a deep understanding of application lifecycles, databases and services.
- As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for using your knowledge of technology to drive Sparkle’s ability to deliver value and results to our internal and external stakeholders.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Competent in performing all programming and development assignments without close supervision
- Works with Design, UX, and Product Manager to ensure an optimal and consistent user experience.
- Defines and sets a project’s roadmap to include planning for integration of new technology, ownership of code libraries, and backlog of technical tasks
- Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Serves as an ambassador for development and a champion of quality standards while spreading a passion for current technology and new trends
- Drives application development focused around delivering business valuable features
- Participates as an active team member of daily standups and other agile-focused efforts, including joining sprint planning meetings and estimating work effort on tasks assigned to the entire team
- Supports the Technology team with developing a structured application/interface code, new program documentation, operations documentation and user guides in a casual, flexible environment
- Communicates with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness
- Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Sparkle management from time to time.
Education & Qualification
- Active in the technology ecosystem in your city ex: you organize meet ups, speak at conferences and are active on GitHub
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited university
- Has at least 4 years of experience working as a Software Engineer
- Expert level understanding of at least one the following back end languages: Java; PHP/Laravel
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Azure cloud hosting platform
- Proven ability to problem-solve and de-bug
- Has a vibrant personality and exceptional communication skills (English; verbal and written)
Excellent interpersonal skills:
- Competency working/deploying projects with a source control tool; GIT preferred.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Medical coverage
- Snacks provided daily
Closing Date: Not Specified.