- To manage and be single point responsible for the technical design and the putting together of a programme to carry out all wireline, pumping and wellhead maintenance operations assigned to his team in line with company approved operational practices and procedures.
- To manage all aspects of wireline work and to give real-time advice on operational and other matters affecting the performance of his team.
- Demonstrate a high commitment to HSE
- Ensure that Well Intervention activities are carried out in accordance with the company HSEMS and HSE policies and standards.
- Planning and managing wireline activities, e.g. surveillance SCSSSV change out, zone change etc. in line with current approved standards and procedures.
- Planning and managing well lest coil tubing and pumping activities in line with approved standards and procedures.
- Review and validate well surveillance program, ensuring WRM alignment.
- Manage the interface with Subsurface and Operations Teams.
- Coordinate service contractors to ensure that high quality services are provided in accordance with their respective contracts
- Liaise with the Community Relation Officers to work out strategies with the host communities to minimise disruption in Well Intervention operations.
- Manage the process of obtaining DPR approvals and other governmental permitting requirements
- Manage the progress of work on well intervention activities assigned to his team & relates critical issues to Wells Management for resolution and directives
- Manage and coach staff assigned to his team.
- Direct the organisation of logistics/expedites materials and equipment to his units.
- Manage the preparation of economic analysis for decision making in a problem well.
- Manage all contractor services to ensure that high quality services are provided in accordance with their respective contracts
- Drive the full implementation of Efficiency improvement process during well intervention program execution thus optimising the operational and technical performance of Well Intervention and contractors under his custody,
- Promote Efficiency in the working culture among the well site team to continuously improve historical performance year on year.
- Visit Well Intervention companies and contractors to discuss and source equipment and services related to his job.
- Promote inclusion of relevant new technology procedures and equipment in well intervention activities
- Monitor the HSE, operational commercial and technical performance of the units and contractors under his control measure the quality of the products and services and formulate routes for improvement
- The Incumbent will have exposure to a wide range of well Intervention activities, which will enhance his professional skills portfolio.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- A professional engineer in possession of a degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering or science discipline.
A minimum of 8 years experience in Well Intervention Engineering with 2 years as a Field Supervisor.
- Good supervisory skills, wi1h sound knowledge of well control techniques and well intervention operations practices
- Good analytical communication and writing skills, with PC fluency and familiarity with well intervention engineering software.
- Proficient in English language, both in speech and in writing
- In possession of a valid WIPC certificate or equivalent.
Method of Application
Candidates are advised to use the position they are applying for as the subject matter of their application. Application should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Closing Date: 19/02/2015