Technical Coordination Manager
The State Partnership for Accountability, Responsiveness and Capability (SPARC) is a governance programme of the Department for International Development (DFID) in Nigeria. SPARC commenced in 2008 and runs to April 2016. Its overall purpose is to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness
of selected state level governments’ use of public resources, and it focuses on public financial management, public service management, policy and strategy and monitoring and evaluation. For more information about SPARC, please visit www.sparc-nigeria.com.
We are looking for an experienced manager to lead our programme in Katsina State, Nigeria. The State Programme Manager’s main function is to design and manage the implementation of SPARC activities in the state, to ensure the achievement of program outputs. Specifically, the functions include:
- Manage the state SPARC office and its staff (including technical and support staff)
- Manage programme finances in the state;
- Provide technical advice and facilitation of SPARC’s work in policy, strategy, public financial management, public service management and monitoring and evaluation;
- Manage short-term consultancy inputs in the state;
- Represent the programme to the state and local governments;
- Ensure coordination with DFID and other programmes in the state and contribute to the management and sharing of knowledge;
- Produce work plans, quarterly and annual reports and terms of reference for consultants.
Experience and Qualifications Required For State Programme Manager
- Master’s degree in social sciences or another relevant field;
- Technical expertise and at least 8 years’ experience in public financial management, public sector reform or policy and strategy development. A general awareness of the interdependencies between all three would be preferable;
- Knowledge of various key development sectors and competence in collating, analysing and disseminating a broad range of technical information;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to relate to high- level politicians and technocrats;
- Ability to speak the predominant local language and familiarity with the environment of the state position applied for will be a distinct advantage.
Method of Application
Kindly note that if a candidate does not meet the above requirement, he/she may be considered for a Technical Coordination Manager position. SPARC is an equal opportunities employer. If you have the required skills and experience, please email your CV along with an application letter.
Applications must reach the National Programme Manager at: email@example.com before noon on Monday 31st March, 2015.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held shortly afterwards.
Closing Date: 31/03/2015